Fenwick FS 50-4

Started by ClintB, August 26, 2021, 06:40:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClintB

My newest addition, custom made for Rick Pasquale FS 50-4 from 1965

foakes

Doesn't get any better than that, Clint —

Old brown glass, snake eyes, ultralight, 4-section pack rod.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

philaroman

beauty!!!  wall or use?  what's the line rating?  can get interesting w/ old Fen (e.g., 1-3#, 2-4#, 1-6#)
like they actually cared, instead of slapping a generic "2-6#" on anything remotely UL

ClintB

It doesn't have a rating printed on it.

Rick took a tour of Fenwicks facility guided by Phil Clock, President of Fenwick. Rick said that when the tour was over he discussed his desires for a UL pack rod at which point Phil took him through the facility and selected blanks and cut them to his specifications. Rick says Fenwick went on to expand the travel rods thus the Voyager series.

Rick kept his connections with Fenwick and later became a casting instructor for them.

I always intend to use my rods at some point, but it wouldn't be my choice for a bang around, rock jumping rod.

philaroman

Quote from: ClintB on August 26, 2021, 08:17:51 PM
It doesn't have a rating printed on it.

Rick took a tour of Fenwicks facility guided by Phil Clock, President of Fenwick. Rick said that when the tour was over he discussed his desires for a UL pack rod at which point Phil took him through the facility and selected blanks and cut them to his specifications. Rick says Fenwick went on to expand the travel rods thus the Voyager series.

Rick kept his connections with Fenwick and later became a casting instructor for them.

I always intend to use my rods at some point, but it wouldn't be my choice for a bang around, rock jumping rod.

WOW, sure sounds like a shelfie...  prob., some FF pieces in that FS  ;D
maybe, get the later Fly/Spin travel, to help resist the urge to use the one-of-a-kind
great for rock-jumping, too

thorhammer

Sweet. begging for a Quick Microlite.

ClintB

Quote from: thorhammer on August 26, 2021, 11:54:08 PM
Sweet. begging for a Quick Microlite.
I have a Microlite on its way as I type!  ;)

thorhammer