first jigging trip n0rth tanzania with fish eagle p0int and cpt steve

Started by trishul, January 21, 2012, 06:33:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trishul

bel0w y0u will see s0me pics 0f the first jigging trip f0r my br0 and me ar0und 6 m0nths 0f prep and anticipati0n, 0n 6jan 2012 we set 0f at 3 in the m0rning f0r the 450km drive  n0rth with atleast 100km 0f dirt and bumpy r0ads, it was a g00d j0urney with beers at 6am and with0ut any maj0ur incidents and meeting s0me g00d ppl 0n the way f0r a chat, driving al0ng the c0ast line i sensed the winds were n0t the best and i was w0rried, next few days were s0me 0f the m0st hardest fishing style i have ever d0ne jigging with jigs fr0m 160gm when currents all0w all the way up t0 500gm and t0 add salt t0 the matter the wind 0n m0st days was bl0wing at 18knts making the drift even harder, s0me h0w the winds and water were n0t behaving well and big fish were hard t0 find. 0n the 3rd day i g0t a s0lid h00k up 0n my 150gm r0d and 30lb braid and i was reefed and ledged within 3 mins even with the drag set t0 alm0st max 0n my saltiga z4000 it felt as if the fish realized its h00ked and then g0t angry, the helper 0n the b0at accused me 0f bringing n0xsi 0n the b0at as i l0st the first fish 0f the day ( t0 th0se reader wh0 d0nt kn0w what n0xi is please accept that in this part 0f africa superstiti0ns run deep and n0xi means a s0rt 0f a bad luck 0r f0rtune) and every 0ne seemed t0 have fallen in a s0rt 0f deperessi0n, i t0ld the guy is there a way t0 rem0ve the n0xi he said n0 n went t0 sleep while we kept 0n fishing and steve 0wner and captain tried his best t0 put us 0n fish, after s0me h0urs i said f*** this S*** and i will wash away the n0xi my making every0ne jump 0f the b0at and get washed 0f the bad luck,, after d0ing this we f0und a ledge at ab0ut 130 m deep and decided its time t0 bring 0ut the 500gm 0utfits as current was quite str0ng and then the magic and exitement 0f jigging started and n0w im h00ked s0rry i can 0nly upl0ad a few pics, if any fell0w members are visiting tanzania i highly recc0mend steves place him and his wife run a l0vely place and are very g00d h0sts the place is called fish eagle p0int   fisheaglepoint.com  they are extremely acc0m0dating and prices are very fair h0pe y0u all enj0y the st0ry and pics
thanks
trishul

trishul

0hh i f0rg0t t0 menti0n these were the first ajs caught in that area als0 the l0cal helper was sh0cked as he has never seen 0ne bef0re, these are tiny but i belive there is p0tential f0r s0me big ajs here.

Dominick

Great report and photos Trishul.  I am glad you were able to wash away the noxi and catch some nice fish.  What kind of fish is that in the last photo? Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

trishul

yeah they are silly but it makes things m0re hillari0us when y0u think ab0ut it again

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

trishul

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

trishul

Dominick

Trishul: I am sure you can rent movies where you are.  Rent the movie "The Bucket List."  The movie is very funny and will give you a good example of a bucket list.  However, the bucket list is a list of all the things you want to do before you "kick the bucket", (a euphemism for when you die).  Dominick

alantani

yup, that's it!  right up there with "kiss the most beautiful girl in the world!"
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

trishul

yes i can rent movies mostly older ones not latest releases haha, ok i get it now hahaha cheers dominick ill look for the movie you mention, i may add one for my bucket list would be to catch a oil fish or marlin on jigging maybe even a mermaid or a huge squid or octopus from the deep also what alan mentioned last is a great idea

redsetta

Great post trishul, thanks for sharing.
The AJs are cracker and that blue trevally is a little beauty.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer