Does anybody know much about the Italian Gladiator reels ???

Started by 54bullseye, November 08, 2021, 10:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

I was always under the impression they came in 2.5/0, 4/0, 9/0 and 12/0 but now I have discovered a 14/0. Anybody have one or seen a 14/0 Gladiator reel.    John Taylor

conchydong

I know nothing about them but I am sure Sal would have liked seeing that reel. What a beauty.

Robert Janssen

broadway

Sweet find, John! You've been scoring some Italian beauties... you find some long lost cousin? ::)
Great shape too,
Dom

Dominick

The only thing I know about an Italian Gladiator is what I see in the mirror.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

thorhammer

Quote from: Dominick on November 10, 2021, 06:14:36 PM
The only thing I know about an Italian Gladiator is what I see in the mirror.   ::) Dominick

Excellent.

thorhammer

Midway Tommy

OMG!  :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

philaroman

oldmanjoe

Good come back !!!!!!!!!!!   
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

54bullseye

Bill B

This thread went sideways faster than a car on black ice 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Brewcrafter

John - That is a work of art, thanks for sharing.  Help educate me (I have never seen one or aware of the brand); what is the time frame on the manufacture of this reel?  It looks very contemporary.  There are measured adjustments on the tail plate side, I assume to set spool play/tension (I cannot blow the photos up to where my weak eyes can see well).  And there appears to be a small switch/knob on the headplate side, what is it's function?  Sorry for the basic questions but it really is a beautiful reel and I would like to learn more, thank you so much for sharing this reel. - john

Robert Janssen

Yes. Made in Bologna primarily from the early 1970s and thereafter, but also resurfacing as the Mitchell President in the late 1980s-early 90s. Founded by a man named Sergio Ricco, now dead, in collaboration with a few others through the years, namely JC Rosetti and Italcanna.

54bullseye

Thanks Rob for the information !!  Brewcrafter I hope that answers some of your questions that I couldn't answer !   John Taylor