The List - SOA 3-day, June 14-17 - Alan Tani, chartermaster

Started by alantani, November 11, 2021, 12:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

Bait was the best I've seen in a couple of years! Big, fat and strong!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Keta

Quote from: CI_Seawolf on June 18, 2022, 01:03:36 AM925FBD2A-AB43-4328-9C28-00ECEE16DA1E.jpeg Hello, I was fortunate enough to get a spot on the trip.  I was impressed by the knowledge of the group and they are really a pleasant bunch to fish with. 

I enjoyed fishing with you.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

alantani

this is his second fish. bill landed this fish despite everyone's best efforts to saw him off.  there were no less than half a dozen guys that gpt wrapped up with his line.  some guys got caught twice. 

you'll see that he has the rod under his belt.  you saw how he had so much more control of the first fish with the rod under his right arm pit.  with this second one, his timing was also a little off, cranking late instead of timing it to get the most line back when the boat came down.  it made for a very long fight. 

and he definitely needed more drag.  still, well done!!!! :d

jzman

Quote from: alantani on June 19, 2022, 04:48:31 AMand he definitely needed more drag.  still, well done!!!! :d

A fathom 40nld2 is a 60# rig max right? But he's fishing 80#  ;D and green power pro  >:D .

CI_Seawolf

Quote from: Keta on June 19, 2022, 04:10:24 AM
Quote from: CI_Seawolf on June 18, 2022, 01:03:36 AM925FBD2A-AB43-4328-9C28-00ECEE16DA1E.jpeg Hello, I was fortunate enough to get a spot on the trip.  I was impressed by the knowledge of the group and they are really a pleasant bunch to fish with. 

I enjoyed fishing with you.
Likewise sir!  I hope to share a rail with all of you again in the near future!
Stay Classy!

Bill B

Thank you for posting Alan.  Lessons learned on this fish.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

oldmanjoe

Quote from: Bill B on June 19, 2022, 06:15:21 AMThank you for posting Alan.  Lessons learned on this fish.  Bill

:d    I think i have a groin ache from watching that ....    Nice fish !!!!!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Rocket Dog

Alan, thanks for posting the video.  :d
Bill, both fish landed with the Penn 40NL on 80/80lbs, Amazing! :d. A few times I was thinking that rod is going to give out, but you are one heck of a fisherman  :fish .

pjstevko

MarkT

pjstevko

Pch-c-741xxh FTW!
[/quote]

Awesome! I have the exact same setup so it's good to know it'll handle 150# tuna!!!!

CI_Seawolf

Not to be contentious, but that was where I was when the fish got me.... 
Stay Classy!

MarkT

Quote from: Queegueg on June 19, 2022, 11:38:33 PM
Quote from: alantani on June 19, 2022, 04:48:31 AMthis is his second fish. bill landed this fish despite everyone's best efforts to saw him off.  there were no less than half a dozen guys that gpt wrapped up with his line.  some guys got caught twice. 

you'll see that he has the rod under his belt.  you saw how he had so much more control of the first fish with the rod under his right arm pit.  with this second one, his timing was also a little off, cranking late instead of timing it to get the most line back when the boat came down.  it made for a very long fight. 

and he definitely needed more drag.  still, well done!!!! :d
Patently obvious that some of those anglers involved in the knitting party...some Twice >:(  >:(  >:(
Need to buy a Clue!!!....
Never a good sign when those clueless anglers need to be told by the skipper..."WIND YOUR LINES IN!!!"
Spirit of Adventure is 88 feet long!...
That fish was being fought in the bow...
Here's a idea ::)  ::)  ::)  ::) ....Fish the stern!!!...Queequeg

The fish was making massive circles under the boat. Dropping in at the stern didn't save you since the lines were drifting towards the bow. I quickly gave up and just watched.