Back in Honolulu, March 17 - 25, 2012.

Started by Bryan Young, January 24, 2012, 06:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

Dominic, somehow never saw your question.  Sorry.

Anyway, rodent is correct in all that he's stated.  We don't see too many of those washers these days since only few people are going out and getting the octopus, and those who do often sell them as bait to the guys that are targeting ulua.  Keeping a washer specifically for tenderizing octopus is not feasible for apartment dwellers and the very occasional catch, so most people will just lomi the thing at the beach on a rock.

Incidentally, people here use the terms "octopus", "tako", and "squid" interchangeably.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Bryan Young

Dominick, what are you talking about?  Those old washboards that are used as musical instruments in the south?  I have never used them.  Rub in sand at the beach, and toss sand in the water for scent.  then rinse tako in the ocean and pack on ice.

When get home, massage with hawaiian rock salt and let sit.  then break ink sack, rub on tako and soak.  then cut and put in drying box.

BTW guys, got 1 can of TSI301 and one bottle of TSI321 left.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Makule

Quote from: Bryan Young on March 21, 2012, 11:13:29 PM
Dominick, what are you talking about?  Those old washboards that are used as musical instruments in the south?  I have never used them.  Rub in sand at the beach, and toss sand in the water for scent.  then rinse tako in the ocean and pack on ice.

When get home, massage with hawaiian rock salt and let sit.  then break ink sack, rub on tako and soak.  then cut and put in drying box.

BTW guys, got 1 can of TSI301 and one bottle of TSI321 left.

Bryan

No, no, no!!!  Do not rub in sand.  Sand will get stuck on the tako and is very difficult to remove.  Just "massage" on wet rocks.  Better yet, just send them to me.  I'll do everything for free, include eat them.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

redsetta

Quote...just send them to me. I'll do everything for free, include eat them.
Dominick - I think you have your answer. :D ;D
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Bryan Young

hahaha, sand never got stuck in my tako.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D