Broken Reel Foot - Okuma Convector CV55W

Started by ijlal, January 25, 2012, 12:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

ijlal

I live 'fishing'!

Tile

The repair job is ok. You should grease the screws and the reel foot. Also you can consider putting acorn nuts and Grower washers to prevent them from unscrewing. From what I see the foot is held in place with M4 screws.
In solid fiberglass we trust

ijlal

Quote from: Tile on January 27, 2012, 11:50:16 PM
The repair job is ok. You should grease the screws and the reel foot. Also you can consider putting acorn nuts and Grower washers to prevent them from unscrewing. From what I see the foot is held in place with M4 screws.

Tile,

I totally agree it's an okay job or even less. Problem is here, we don't get everything as you do in the US. Even finding SS nuts and bolts of this size of good quality is an ordeal here. Furthermore, I put together the reel in a hurry as I'll be fishing for 6 consecutive trips starting Sunday. ;)  Am going to search around for better fixtures, and would certainly add grower washers. As for acorn nuts, I doubt I'll be able to find any this size. A thin coat of Penn reel grease as already been applied though it may not be visible in the pic. Just wanted to hand over the reel to the customer till I get better bolts and nuts.

Thanks!
I live 'fishing'!

alantani

good work on the reel seat.  also, you know, we CAN ship things to you.  anything you need, let us know.  
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

ijlal

Thank you so much Alan! Will let you know if anything's needed; for now, I'll manage with what is available here.

Have a great day!
I live 'fishing'!