Changing Parts to Rolling Stock

Started by mo65, December 19, 2021, 02:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo65

I thought I might as well store some parts as "rolling stock"...HA! The top row from left to right is a late 30's/early 40's era LB60, a LB66 with a 5-stack and double dogs, and a 50's era LB60. I wonder how long it will be before one ends up on blocks in the back yard? ;D  I made a ss spring for the new AR dog on the LB66 from some steel strips PacRat gave me.
  Down front is a Surfy 100 for my brother, and a Beachmaster 160 for Rob. The 112H handle on the Surfy also came from PacRat...traded for a South Bend 925 spool shaft. The spool and handle on Rob's Beachmaster came from El Pescador's Surfmaster project. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

oldmanjoe

:)   Well done  .  Makes me want to double dog a reel now !!!!!!!
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
" Life " It`s a thinking man`s game
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

philaroman

HA...  need glasses: read "Surfy" as "Surly"
wodered why any of your reels would be surly, when you treat them so well ???

Dominick

Quote from: philaroman on December 19, 2021, 04:09:07 PM
HA...  need glasses: read "Surfy" as "Surly"
wodered why any of your reels would be surly, when you treat them so well ???

funny...Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

gstours

G Tanks,  Good job,  I,m not sure if we copied Sal, or I copied you.   The first one is scary,  like a girl.  :o  Then its like a wife,   after you have done a few. ;)  What i mean is every time you do it you get better. ::)   Maybe just guy logic?
   The double dog is a great way to make a good reel better.    Thanks for everyones understanding.     Happy Holidays,   Good fishing next year!!