my last fishing trip till sept

Started by trishul, January 26, 2012, 10:41:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trishul

all 0f a sudden reality sunk in t0 me when i realized i w0nt be g0ing fishing till sept 2012 due t0 w0rk and as the seas0n will be c0ming t0 an end due t0 the kusi (s0utherrn winds) that will be starting in 2-3 m0nths
i decided that 0ne 0f the week days i will call in sick,,, the day bef0re i went fishing it was raining quite a bit and the f0re cast f0r the c0ming day seemed g00d i g0t h0me prepared my tackle that c0nsisted 0f tw0 20lb tr0lling r0ds paired with tld 15 and 20 b0th with 20lb m0n0, rigged s0me small sized rapalas and packed s0me spare tackle and water and my r0d h0lders, i called my c0ntact a l0cal b0at man in miling0tini village and asked him t0 prepare his b0at at the village beach and be ready by 5am as i will be c0ming, after that i had ate dinner and slept early, next m0rning w0ke up at 3am l0aded the car had c0ffe b0ught fuel f0r the b0at and tw0 str0ke 0il and headed 60 kms n0rth 0f my area t0 milingt0tini village, its a nice place quite hidden away and has a very beautiful beach with clear water, 0nce at miling0tini i quickly g0t ready and was 0n the water by 5.45am a bit late, we headed n0rth it was dead just g0t a tiny fish we headed s0uth then all 0f a sudden i saw d0lphins jumping like 50m away fr0m the b0at then after that i saw a nice sized king mackrel jump up f0llwed by an0ther and an0ther bef0re we knew it we were surr0unded in a feeding frenzy and then it started,,, the big fish must have been deeper, fish i g0t were n0t big but these are great eating and fun 0n 20lb line, we c0uld have g0t many many with just my tw0 r0ds and tw0 rapalas 0ut but decided its en0ugh and left them and headed t0 the village at 12.40ish in the aftern00n. enjy the pics and karibu tanzania.

we have a farm near by this fell0w lives there i always take him as i feel when the pukes the fish will c0me and he always pukes and makes us laugh 0n the b0at, yet he always wants t0 c0me, but he is a pleasant fell0w

leaving paradise will be back 0n the sea in sept

Dominick

Trishul:  Enjoyed your report.  That's the way to catch fish bring your neighbor to chum ;D.  I have been there chumming on occasian.   :-[ Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

redsetta

Great report trishul - looks like an amazing part of the world.
Keep 'em coming mate!
All the best, Justin
PS Get your mate to try eating a little ginger (or some ginger tea etc) before heading out on the boat. It works for my daughter...
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Brendan

I stopped reading at September 2012, that's way to long to wait for a fishing trip. I recently discovered a thing called an airplane that can change the season you are in in a matter of hours. Just a thought.
Brendan.

trishul

d0minick i think als0 smell 0f fuel makes the chum c0me 0ut an0ther thing we call it is t0 return change just an0ther name f0r chum hahaha but it all makes f0r a great laugh

justin tanzania is nice if ever y0u decide t0 visit let me kn0w y0ur m0st welc0me, will s0rt 0ut a g00d trip, i d0nt think anything wld help my buddy we have been trying t0 find a cure f0r him since 2009 n0thing w0rks hahaha

brendan thats true its a l0ng time t0 wait but it is what it is, planes have been ar0und a l0ng time but i like fishing 0nly the east african c0ast f0r n0w till i have acc0mplished my g0als here (kenya, tanzania, n0rthern m0z ) the seas0ns there are m0re or less the same the fishing can be great s0 im happy i have all this 0n my d00r step, plus fishing in a place where im surr0unded by sky scrapers and a hundred 0ther b0ats is n0t my cup 0f tea. but i have fiji, nz, k0m0d0 and amaz0n in my list 0f places t0 fish 0ne day
thanks

wallacewt

here is 1 you dont know for seasickness.
put a bandaid over your navel.
its a ripley believe it or not!

trishul

will give it a try next time i meet my buddy hahaha i may even decide t0 stuff a c0uple 0f tamp0ns in his m0uth hahahaha

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on January 27, 2012, 08:11:29 AM
here is 1 you dont know for seasickness.
put a bandaid over your navel.
its a ripley believe it or not!
Yes and if you have diarrhea you can put the bandaid on your... ;)
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

trishul

hahaha d0minick y0u seem t0 have a l0t experience 0n this s0rt 0f items