Saltiga 20 LD2 (2020)

Started by 1911Nate, January 05, 2022, 05:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1911Nate

Just picked up the new Saltiga listed in the title and in the photos. Paired with a Calstar GG 270H. My question is simply, does anyone (hopefully Alan) have insight on if Daiwa has fixed the issue that existed with the previous generation, (gap in the cam due to wear, which created malfunction losing free spool and locking up) and if it is safe to say this reel will stand the test of time far better than its previous version?  Also, any insight on what pre-service maintenance I can do to make sure this reel is in top shape before use. New to DIY maintenance so any help is appreciated.

MarkT

That reel Alan referenced may have been a one off due to user abuse! Tighten the drag beyond stupid tight then force the lever forward until you get that condition. Ya know, stupid should hurt! I've not heard about that issue with any other reel and my sald40ld2 has been flawlessly catching big fish for years... mostly YT but a couple of 60# BFT too.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

alantani

they're very nice looking reels.  i'm sorry to say that i haven't had the chance to crack one open.  looking forward to seeing one!!!!! 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

1911Nate

Quote from: alantani on January 05, 2022, 06:00:52 AM
they're very nice looking reels.  i'm sorry to say that i haven't had the chance to crack one open.  looking forward to seeing one!!!!! 

Cant wait to see/hear a breakdown from you Alan.  Should I take it in with the rest of my reels to be inspected/serviced? 
Free spool is more than impressive and feels smooth but I want to make sure that any oversights in the factory may be addressed before the season.

1911Nate

Quote from: MarkT on January 05, 2022, 05:40:27 AM
That reel Alan referenced may have been a one off due to user abuse! Tighten the drag beyond stupid tight then force the lever forward until you get that condition. Ya know, stupid should hurt! I've not heard about that issue with any other reel and my sald40ld2 has been flawlessly catching big fish for years... mostly YT but a couple of 60# BFT too.

Ah gotcha and thats awesome!  I was thinking if this reel looks as good as possible on the inside then I may invest in a few more models (one for jigging one for larger bait application.)

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!