Endicott Wilson reel set just about complete !

Started by 54bullseye, January 06, 2022, 08:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

54bullseye

Here is my group of fairly nice Endicott Wilson reels including two 4/0 s, two 6/0s a 9/0 and a 12/0. They are a neat reels made in late 1940s in Detroit Mi. The drags are in the spools arbor. When you move lever forward there are ball bearings and rods that force the drags outward towards the heavy pipe like arbor creating drag. Kinda neat but a little tricky to clean and work on especially the first one you open up !!! LOL ! They didn't seem to have very good anodizing as a lot I have seen show lots of corrosion especially under old line on spools. The screws can be a bugger to get out as well. The 12/0 took a while to track down !! I have read that they made a 12/0 two speed reel as well but have never seen one. Please anyone out there that has actually handled a two speed let me know.  I made a post a few years ago about Otco and Endicott Wilson reels here it is  https://alantani.com/index.php?topic=27231.0
That post shows the drag assembly apart.             Enjoy !!!               John Taylor

Robert Janssen

Gorgeous! Still one of my favorites.

There was one on Ebay just last week or so that i was eyeballing. Maybe you grabbed it?

Reeltyme

As usual with your "mind boggling" collection,,,, simply fantastic! You are truly a premier collector John. I will someday, impose on your home and drool uncontrollably over your fantastic collection! Thank you so much for sharing pictures of a reel manufacturer that many didn't know existed. Congratulations!

54bullseye

Thanks Rob !! I am gonna get that reel your way next week !   John

54bullseye

Quote from: Reeltyme on January 06, 2022, 09:16:31 PM
As usual with your "mind boggling" collection,,,, simply fantastic! You are truly a premier collector John. I will someday, impose on your home and drool uncontrollably over your fantastic collection! Thank you so much for sharing pictures of a reel manufacturer that many didn't know existed. Congratulations!
Bring that 1120 when you come LOL !!!   JT

54bullseye

Quote from: Robert Janssen on January 06, 2022, 09:15:28 PM

Gorgeous! Still one of my favorites.

There was one on Ebay just last week or so that i was eyeballing. Maybe you grabbed it?

[/quote

No I have enough unless there is a 12/0 two speed !!!

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

1badf350

-Chris

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist"

54bullseye

If you look close you'll see the 9/0 and 12/0 are a little goldish color. Maybe a more rugged anodizing ??   JT

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

thorhammer

AMAZING.

I like where John says "fairly nice" in describing a line up of superlative rare reels perhaps unmatched anywhere...

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

milne

Yep, all of the above.
Thanks for sharing John

Col