Shimano Calcutta TE 300 part

Started by retiredandfishing, January 19, 2022, 03:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retiredandfishing

I'm looking for a Click switch Cam, part number BNT2721 for a Shimano Caluctta TE300.  No one seems to have it, not even the guy in Canada.  Tried Shimano, Southwestern, Tuna's reel troublem, Mats' and a few others, no deal.  Wondering if anyone has a supplier that might have this part.

Thanks, Steve

alantani

score!  send me a pm with your address and i will get it out in tomorrow's mail!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

retiredandfishing

Sending you a PM..  You are indeed a life saver.

Steve

alantani

according to my 10 year old price list, the part is 70 cents and shipping is $3.42.  i'll send  you a bill!!!!!!   ;D

Jenx

I just acquired a Calcutta 300 TE last week. My first TE reel.

I'm hoping it will last me many years as a light inshore reel, but from what I hear it can be tricky finding parts for discontinued Shimano reels.

For those of you who have experience servicing these reels, aside from bearings, are there any specific parts in this reel that are prone to wearing out or breaking over time?

I would like this reel to last me a while, and I'm willing to preemptively buy parts now (if I can find them) so I can have them if I ever need them. I figure parts will only get harder to find as the years go by.

alantani

you should be ok.  mostly it's just preventing corrosion.

Jenx

Swami805

I bought one when they first came out, use it a lot and still going strong. No issues so far, Pleasure to fish with.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

oc1

The quick-fire thumb bar is often the first thing to go.  You're lucky because it has a separate part number (BNT2716) on that model so you do not have to buy a whole new frame.
http://schematics.mikesreelrepair.com/albums/shimano/Shimano_CTE300.pdf