D A M 440 line cap.

Started by farmer56, February 03, 2022, 01:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmer56

farmer56 here   Mr. foakes   my new hero , will explain later  , has worked over a D A M 440  reel .... does anybody out there have line cap. of izorline xxx 20 lb.  or Ketas J B line one   50  lb. braid  solid core  ...   i know this is odd but my  izorlie xxx 30 lb. spool ran dry  .  leaving soon on  my vacation -fishing trip , can't get line before leaving  .... so what line to use ????  fishing gulf shores alabama ,  casting with a 10 ft. surf rod  .. for i think pompeo spelling wrong ..  and other stuff don't know first trip.  or the real question should i load up the 20 mono or Ketas J B line one  thanks a million  ex-farmer56   dennis

foakes

Hi Dennis —

With no spacer — the 440 spool holds approximately 220 yards of  20 lb. mono.

With the spacer — 110 yards.

Diameter of older and newer lines makes some difference — but this is real close on Mono.

Lee would know more about the JB.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.