Early Daiwa SeaLine 900 [pre H] Info & Needs Drag Washers [? At Least]

Started by DogBox, February 03, 2022, 02:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogBox

Hello Alan & Members,
ThankYou! Alan for letting me join your terrific Forum and so upbuilding to see some fantastic knowledge among the members. Now,...
Got myself an early.. Yes, How early? Only has top Harness Lugs (No Rod Harness Bracket) and No "H" designation with the name SeaLine written in
almost "fancy hand printing" style.. Interesting to see Daiwa Seiko Inc. on the plastic case but no numbers?? Just: Sea Line 900.
I could be the first to open this behemoth since its birth. Very old discolored grease over most things.  ::)
The Drag was a solid lump so I gave it a soak in Kerosene. (shame they changed the formula so it doesn't smoke when burnt - lost all its "lubrication"!)
I still had to hammer and drift the main "stuck together" pieces out and then with a thin 150mm rule, separate the other washers - which were as brittle as!
The parts still correspond (A.F.A.I.C.T.) to the H style diagram so I will need: Part(s): 53, 55, 56, 57, 69 (maybe?) The small ball races seem ok at first check - all from an exploded view from MikesReelRepair.com of a 900H.
So, Alan, if you could Please let me know if you have these Parts I can send Payment and if someone could tell me how old this thing is will probably be very helpful also - especially  if some parts have indeed changed...??  ???
ThankYou! one and all!  :)
Kind Regards,
DogBox [Steve] 

DogBox

Well, not too many takers for finding the early year of making...

And now we also know that a saltwater reel not kept in any sort of "anti-corrosion" state with its Factory Original grease & Lube - Will Not Stop the
internals from rusting and pitting... Badly!
Now we 'also' have to try and get a new "clutch/drag hub main gear" as well as a set of Drag Washers... Then Alan tells me "can't post to Australia at the

moment..  :'( Not turning out to be a good Buy anymore..
But Thanks for the Help!

DogBox

Wompus Cat

I have been going through my stuff and just don't Find NUTTIN for 900 .
Lots of 910H stuff out there and that Reel is a WORKHORSE with Drag Disks the size of a Half Dollar and I see those on E-bay for around a hundred Bucks U.S.
I have 5 of them .
I will keep looking for pieces but very doubtfull. Good Luck to you .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Donnyboat

Hi there Mr Dog or Mr box, I have 2 of them reels, very nice solid reels, the ratchet is the same as the Penn international 50s n 80s, I cut some carbon fibre washers for my reels
, I thinks i used 114h metal washer to make up the drag stack, if you read my post on the electric fuel pump, you will understand the cost of postage to Australia @ present, it wont be long before we are open to international transport again, with many more plains coming to Australia, good luck, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat