New Case Knife Today

Started by foakes, February 19, 2022, 09:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Generally, I buy a couple of knives a month —

8 months go, I lost a little Case Camo Lockback out in the Mojave Desert when camping.

Looked everywhere — so, hopefully someone else is enjoying it.

Decided to just order another — since these are nearly bullet-proof.  

Zytel scales, SS, lockback, 3", Case XX, Made in the USA, Lifetime Guarantee, only weighs 7/10's of an ounce, spear point.

Ordered from Blade HQ — $17.99 + tax + $2.99 shipping.

I like lockbacks because they won't fold up on you when using them.

This is a good value.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Thanks Fred, I just ordered one.  $16.99 + $1.23 tax, free shipping.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

CooldadE

Should have bought the safety orange one. Easier to find in the desert ... ;-)

Cool
I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

oldmanjoe

Quote from: CooldadE on February 19, 2022, 09:39:42 PM
Should have bought the safety orange one. Easter to find in the desert ... ;-)

Cool
:D     ???    ::)       I am surprised he didn't have a metal detector in the camper !     
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

foakes

Quote from: oldmanjoe on February 19, 2022, 10:30:25 PM
Quote from: CooldadE on February 19, 2022, 09:39:42 PM
Should have bought the safety orange one. Easter to find in the desert ... ;-)

Cool
:D     ???    ::)       I am surprised he didn't have a metal detector in the camper !      

Actually, I did have a quality metal detector (Garrett) on board — but did not realize the knife was missing until a couple of weeks later.

Then after 3 or 4 months of looking everywhere in the truck, trailer, clothing, gear boxes — finally realized it was not going to show up without ordering another one.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Spent 7 hours in the sun today, drinking water, weed-eating, and repairing fences —- came in at 3:45.  It was 101 degrees.

Found the little Case SS Lockback Knife I lost a couple of years ago!

Had replaced it —- now I have (2).  These are great little knives.

Heat doesn't really bother me, like some folks are concerned about nowadays.  Like Alan, I grew up in the Central Valley of California where the temperatures are generally over 100 from late May through late September.

Had a nice cool 45 minute bath —- Sue has a roast in the oven.

I will hit it again tomorrow —- start at 6:30 and work until finished —- Target "Done Time" will be 12 noon.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Bill B

Gotta love finding something you thought lost forever.  Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

PacRat

Isn't it nice when they come home?

Keta

I lost mine some time ago and miss it.  However SOMEONE has given me some other knives that I use daily.  Thank you SOMEONE.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Ron Jones

You can never have to many little lockbacks. I'd put one in a travel bag that goes with you but not as a carry on and then you know it is there.
The Man
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"