Great Home Depot Bargain

Started by foakes, February 21, 2022, 05:58:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Don't know how long this sale will last — so I just ordered this pair of 4.0 Amp Ridgid batteries and a charger.

$99, free shipping to your door.

Lifetime Replacement Guarantee — providing you register the batteries and serial numbers online with your account.

Can't beat the batteries with that kind of a guarantee and price.

The Ridgid Tool line is exceptional, IMO — but I always wait for a good sale.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Wompus Cat

DANG .THAT is a GOOD DEAL !!!
Wish they had DEwalt and Ryobi's on a Deal like that !
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

foakes

Quote from: Wompus Cat on February 21, 2022, 06:41:46 PM
DANG .THAT is a GOOD DEAL !!!
Wish they had DEwalt and Ryobi's on a Deal like that !

Yes, it is, Henry —

Over the last 40 years, for battery tools, I have owned and used —

Skil — Junk

Makita — Excellent Tools — batteries weak and expensive

DeWalt — Excellent Tools — but batteries generally are toast after 3 or less years

Milwaukee — Excellent Tools in the 12V line — batteries last 10 years, or more

Ridgid — Excellent Tools — and both the tool AND the batteries are guaranteed for life

Don't have any Ryobi battery tools — just corded.

As I transition over to mostly all Ridgid Tools — I will get rid of my DeWalts (except for one).

Have 10+ DeWalts to get rid of — and so far, 6 Ridgids.

I will keep the Milwaukee (4) 12V's — since they are excellent tools for many things — and the battery life is between 8 to 12 years of steady usage. 

And, of course, I'll keep all of my corded tools.

Others may have different viewpoints — but this is what has worked for me.

Plus, battery technology has really increased over the years — but they all wear out eventually, or won't take a charge.

Can't beat the warranty and also the superior quality of the Ridgid products. 

It is an excellent value in all aspects.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Midway Tommy

I've only got one battery operated tool, a Bosch 3/8 drill. I ave to think ahead a day when ever I want to use it because the battery is always too far to use. Needless to say, my corded drills get way more use.   :)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

MarkT

I have 7 Makita 18v tools and 6 batteries. I gave my Ridgid 12v drill driver and impact driver to my father in law who didn't have any cordless tools but had been impressed with mine when I went over to install a few things for them.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

thorhammer

Milwaukee 18V drill, best battery tool I ever had. Ryobi...batteries are worse than kicking a turd on an NC August day. Dewalt hanging in, due to variability of tools in my redneck of the woods.  My Porter Cable sawzall 120V would cut a car in two. In fact, I cut up a boat trailer and put in trash can for pickup. Axle included.

MarkT

I've love ❤️ my PC corded recip saw! I've "disassembled" a lot of "stuff" with it! I don't think there's much left of PC at this point... the corp brand managers have pretty much taken a recip saw to Porter Cable!  These days I mostly use my Makita cordless recip saw.  Cordless rocks!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

PacRat

Thanks for the heads-up on this deal Fred. I passed it along to some co-workers.

I read the reviews one common theme (with Ridgid), were complaints of people only receiving 3 months warranty rather than lifetime. The common solution is to confirm via the Ridgid website that your warranty is registered as 'lifetime', if it isn't, just call customer service and they will correct this for you. One reviewer actually had to send a photo of the box where it said 'lifetime warranty'. There is a window of opportunity to do this but it is well worth the effort.

Donnyboat

Nice review Fred thanks, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

foakes

Quote from: PacRat on February 22, 2022, 06:41:30 PM
Thanks for the heads-up on this deal Fred. I passed it along to some co-workers.

I read the reviews one common theme (with Ridgid), were complaints of people only receiving 3 months warranty rather than lifetime. The common solution is to confirm via the Ridgid website that your warranty is registered as 'lifetime', if it isn't, just call customer service and they will correct this for you. One reviewer actually had to send a photo of the box where it said 'lifetime warranty'. There is a window of opportunity to do this but it is well worth the effort.

Yes, it is worth the effort to register your tools and batteries promptly.

Lifetime guarantee, parts, repair, and Batteries — unheard of!

Add that to the fact that these are professional grade tools that are as tough as they come.  Many trades, professionals, as well as DIY's use these.

The prices are good values when bought on sale.

Plus, their line of battery tools — is larger in number than any other manufacturer — and Home Depot is doing very well in running a successful business for many decades now.

Each battery has a serial number, each charger, and each tool also.

Every Ridgid 18V tool & any 18V battery — are all compatible.

I have 10 DeWalt battery tools — all except 2 have bad batteries.  Went to buy a couple more — $109 for (1) 1.5ah — $179 for (2) 20V at 1.3ah (which will not work).

Ridgid is my choice from now on —

If you read some of the professional reviews by Consumer Reports and Popular Mechanics — Ridgid is alway near or in the top three for performance, durability, and value.

As for the jumping through hoops to register a Ridgid product for the Lifetime Guarantee.  I have no problem with a company doing that.  Too many tools could be stolen, bought second-hand, or other shenanigans.  A small price to pay — just set up a registration account — and all of your tools will be added to it as you get more.

Home Depot is a solid company.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

foakes

Rc'd today — 48 hours after ordering online.

On my porch, up in the mountains, with 6" of last night's fresh snow to drive 1/5th of a mile through.

Free shipping!

Already added and registered the batteries and charger with my online account.

These are the twice-size larger 4.0ah batteries — and will work on any of my Ridgid tools.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

Wally15

Thanks for the "heads up", Fred. Just ordered these batteries. With my military discount, total is $96.23 delivered. I purchased a single 4.0 battery to replace a weak 2.0 a year or so ago and paid around $130 for it. I've been very satisfied with my Ridgid battery operated tools.
GA Mike
Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.
"Fire and Rain"
James Taylor