Looking To Purchase Red Ambassadeur 5000 Frame

Started by Walleye Guy, February 22, 2022, 01:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walleye Guy

I purchased a few original red 5000 reels from a friend of mine to rebuild with my nephews for our Canadian fishing trip this summer and one of the frames isn't in very good shape.  The chrome foot has some bad pitting so I think it saw some saltwater use, but the rest of the reel looks nice.  These aren't "Show Car" reels, but I'd say 5 or 6 out of 10 condition.  The serial number of this reel is 834156 (I believe 1970-ish) so it would be great to find one close to that number if possible.  If anyone has a frame they'd like to sell please let me know.  Thanks in advance!  ps: I hope I'm not posting this "wanting to buy..." in the wrong spot. If I did, then just let me know and I'll gladly move it to the correct spot on the forum.

Walleye Guy

alantani

yeah, it's not something i would normally carry.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

Unless you do a serious upgrade to an Akios or something, you best bet will be to just buy a another used 5000.

foakes

Got a bunch of them —- here is one — 730902.

Yours if it will work —- No Charge.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Walleye Guy

Fred, you're very generous.  I'll send you a PM.  Thank-you! 

boon

foakes

Sorry, Matt —-

I don't have any other nice red 5000's closer to a serial number you are looking for.

Hopefully you can find one that starts with the "83".

I will just toss this back in the bin.

Not a problem.

Best Always, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Walleye Guy

Just wanted to give a public thank-you to Fred who is sending me the 5000 frame plus some extra parts for that reel.  Fred, thank-you again for your generosity and for all you do to help others and myself on the Alan Tani forum.  Have a great day sir and give that cat a good Michigan back scratch from me.  ;D