Ambassadeur 6000 spool bearings, help!

Started by bottomfeeder, January 30, 2012, 01:01:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bottomfeeder

I'm sure this has already been addressed but my quick search showed nothing I was really looking for. I have an ambassadeur 6000, here is the foot number 090217/03.  I want to order some spool bearings from Boca but after typing in make and model on there website, the measurements came back as follows;ID 0.1250in x OD 0.3750in x Width 0.1562in.  I measured the bearings with digital calipers and the measurements I took are as follows; ID 0.155in x OD 0.392in x Width 0.156in.  The OD of the shaft that goes thru the bearings measures almost the same as the ID of the bearing. So how can the shaft of my reel go through the ID of the Boca bearings when it is almost 0.030in larger? I'm just trying to ensure that I order the correct bearings but the numbers aren't matching up! :(    Please help?!? Thanks in Advance

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bottomfeeder

Well, what BOCA calls for in mm is 3.175 x 10 x 4, or at least thats what the conversion is of the inch measurement they give for that application of spool bearing.

Dawn

Older Abu's generally used 3x10x4,  newer (from early 90's til now) use 4x10x4.

Dawn
Dawn

Ken_D

Quote from: bottomfeeder on January 30, 2012, 12:11:25 PM
Well, what BOCA calls for in mm is 3.175 x 10 x 4, or at least thats what the conversion is of the inch measurement they give for that application of spool bearing.

Hio. As per Dawn's above, plus: the VERY earliest of abu red reels: 3.175 x 10 x 4. Donut bushings replaced by offsize brgs.  Later solid axle 5000/5000C's: 3 x 10 x 4.  Present day common "ultracast" size: 4 x 10 x 4.  
Your reel is present day, therefore it takes 4 x 10 x 4. Whereas you have a 6000, you probably have either one or possibly two bronze bushings.  Today's technology is inexpensive, and will do inch or metric.
http://tinyurl.com/7k2tzxw

bottomfeeder

It has a bronze bushing/bearing opposite the handle side. Handle side looks steel with a bronze spacing washer.  So these are bushings or bearings? Is it ok to go with bearings from Boca on this reel?  

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bottomfeeder