New Makaira Upgrades

Started by Fullaphish, January 30, 2012, 02:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

conchydong

As Mark at Charkbait would say "Great stuff". My last 3 reel purchases were Okuma and my next one will be a Okuma. I remember years ago my friend purchased a Titus Gold and I ripped him for it, was even a little embarrassed using it in our trolling spread. Boy how things have changed.
Kudos to all involved especially Okuma.

wallacewt

my last say on this
im not against okuma,more power to them
it seems to me it would be very easy to grease and oil the reel while you was assembling it instead of pulling it to bits and putting it back together.cost would be minimal compared to what we do. they would have a much faster process and pay a lot less for parts.unless they bought aussie made then they would go broke. ::)

spes

Ok, so I'm 8 months behind the times.
A) so I voided my wuarantee Tani'ing my Makaira 15II ???
great.
Oh yeah and I even used XtremeX
great.

Can you get just the handle for an upgrade? Any idea how much that would
be?

And I don't know why but Okumafishing.com website is currently down.
Great.

alantani

Quote from: spes on October 01, 2012, 02:44:37 PM
Ok, so I'm 8 months behind the times.
A) so I voided my wuarantee Tani'ing my Makaira 15II ???
great.
Oh yeah and I even used XtremeX
great.

Can you get just the handle for an upgrade? Any idea how much that would
be?

And I don't know why but Okumafishing.com website is currently down.
Great.

the guys at okuma usa are great.  they are only interested in keeping people happy.  if you did something to totally mess up the reel, there would be an issue.  if you did anywhere near a decent job, it should not be a problem.  okuma wants to keep these reels working.  they have alot of ground to retake to get their product caught up with other manufactures.  every happy customer helps them towards that end.  call them it you have a question.  i'm certain you can work something out. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!