I need a 12x17x3.5mm Bearing ??????????

Started by RWS, January 30, 2012, 08:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RWS

RWS

I want to replace a plastic drag collar bushing from a DAIWA LUNA 253 reel, the one that sets above the A/R Bearing in the reel side plate.

alantani

checked my inventory - nothing.  also checked boca and vbx - nothing.  :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Ken_D

As did I, along with a UK firm SMB.  I did a search engine search for that size and nothing at all came up.
Closest I could see was 12 x 18 x 4  (6701)

Does this thread deal with your Luna?  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=2087.0

RWS

ISUTAMI BEARINGS of Japan has 12x17x3.5 in 440 S.Steel, I placed a order with them this morning. Yes they are to replace the plastic drag collar that is in the Luna 253.

RWS

They have a MOQ of 5000 !!!!!!!!   that sucks !!!!!

Paleoreelist

The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a Y.

Ken_D

Quote from: RWS on February 01, 2012, 07:35:10 PM
They have a MOQ of 5000 !!!!!!!!   that sucks !!!!!

Oh. Being the latest kid on the block, in the myriad of bearing makers in the Pacific Rim, I suspect that search engines have not caught up yet...to show the size you want. They more than likely will do one, but the price goes up. so does the freight. Contact Shel. as above?

Long story short: their web page is not set up fully yet. Once you learn the price and shipping costs, you will be in a better position to evaluate the concept.  Unsure why you want to "up" Daiwa's engineering on the reel... if they felt a bb was needed where you are putting it, would they not have have done it?  

An idea could be to machine the boss by a millimeter? That's 0.5 mm on the radius, to take a stock sized lower price point bb, as per earlier post?  Another possibility would be to re-measure the ID of the boss, ensuring it's accurate.

How about grinding a mil off the OD of a stock 18 mm brg, to fit the boss?

RWS

Quote from: Ken_D on February 03, 2012, 04:44:37 PM
Quote from: RWS on February 01, 2012, 07:35:10 PM
They have a MOQ of 5000 !!!!!!!!   that sucks !!!!!

Unsure why you want to "up" Daiwa's engineering on the reel... if they felt a bb was needed where you are putting it, would they not have have done it?

For the same reason why women enlarge there breasts, because it is human nature that we are allways trying to make something better or bigger or both LOL LOL LOL

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jayce

For the same reason why women enlarge there breasts, because it is human nature that we are allways trying to make something better or bigger or both LOL LOL LOL
[/quote]

I love to see the tutorial for that  :D

Bryan Young

Jayce, no you wouldn't.  It's very grose.  If women actually seen what is done, they would probably not go through with it.  Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jayce

Hi Bryan,
I'll just focus on the good stuff.  ;D