Wiper Blades

Started by jgp12000, March 08, 2022, 11:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I had to get new wipers today weren't the best,good ones though,$53? WTH

RowdyW

foakes

When I buy really expensive wipers —- they last a year or two — and do a fine job.

When I buy cheap wipers —- they last a year or two —- and do a fine job.

The Internet helps us shop around.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Cor

@ $53?   I paid $6-55 a month ago for good ones in Cape Town. That's extreme, a business opportunity!
Cornelis

Brewcrafter

What frustrates me, back in my youth when you replaced wipers, you purchased BLADES.  Now at most retailers they sell you the whole assembly (arms and all) unless you find a place that sells "refills" (just the blades) which most local DIY stores around here do not. - john

Wompus Cat

Quote from: RowdyW on March 08, 2022, 11:26:35 PMDid you try Walmart?

Rowdy has it Right .
Wally world has a HUGE assortment of Replacement arms

E-Bay has GOBS of OEM  inserts. Anco,bosch,trico,Nefco.
      WIPERS on The Bay Link

I pretty much cut and fit oem Bosch Rubber to my cars that have the original arms  BECAUSE the original Arms are sometimes hundreds of dollars to keep it original and the new Fits All Cheapo arm/blade assemblies don't look right .
It is a Breeze to just throw out the old original and install the whole new arm /Blade but you just depreciated your 60 thousand plus vintage Mercedes .
On a 2005 Saturn it don't matter so much .

There are tricks to keep those  inserts in good shape for much longer periods.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Keta

If you think this is robbery price wire and conduit. PVC conduit took a 600% jump, copper wire is crazy high.  I paid $150 for 3 1" steel LBs last week.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Lunker Larry

You can buy the rubber Replacement blades for my 2017 Honda Pilot from Honda. Cost more than the whole arm from Walmart.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?

Gfish

If you don't mind WC, what's a least one good trick to extend blade life. Have lawn parking only, here(I.e. lotsa UV exposure).
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Gfish on March 09, 2022, 10:38:23 PMIf you don't mind WC, what's a least one good trick to extend blade life. Have lawn parking only, here(I.e. lotsa UV exposure).

Man you pay attention :d
Thought you would Never ASK ;D
I have been using 3M Brand Wet Type  Silicone Spray for over 50 YEARS and it has some of the same Propensities as Holy Water. .
It works on everything . Rubber Door Seals ,Dashes,Vinyl ,Bumper Guards, GOBS of stuff.
One can will just about do a whole car or truck .Just clean everything with warm soapy water like Dove Liquid in some water then rinse and dry then just spray it on let sit a while and wipe excess off with clean towel . You can Use what you get on the Towel to wipe on you wiper blades  or just clean the dust off the wiper rubbers and spray silicone  on a cloth towel then  rub on the wiper rubbers .   
3M part # 08877 .
I must caution you that if you put too much on your Drivers seat and don't let it soak in and wipe it down  A MORON ex customer of mine did just that and hit his brakes too hard and hit his Knuckehead on the dash .
Works on sticky doors ,Drawers, windshield seals, locks ,REELS (Makes Reels Shine like a Diamond in a Goats Behind ) Fact Jack .

Gfish

Ok. Thanks, buddy. But does it streak the windshield when you use the wipers?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Wompus Cat

Quote from: Gfish on March 10, 2022, 02:51:57 AMOk. But does it streak the windshield when you use the wipers?

Not if you use the Towel to basically lube the wiper don't spray the silicone directly on the Blade Rubber .

jgp12000

Wompus Cat

Quote from: jgp12000 on March 11, 2022, 12:38:41 PMHenry is this the stuff? Also, does it make Bakelite shine?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/3M-MM08877-Silicone-Lubricant-Plus-Wet-Type/190577609

Dat's It alrighty.
It will make a Powdered dog oolie Shine
Plus you can buy it a Heck of a lot cheaper several places on the interweb ,just Gooooooogley it.

Lunker Larry

Does that wet silicone dissolve plastic? Had some that did.
I'd be careful with it.
You know that moment when your steak is on the grill and you can already feel your mouth watering.
Do vegans feel the same when mowing the lawn?