Bail screw for microlite

Started by JeffG, March 13, 2022, 10:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffG

Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. I've been put on a no but list from the Mrs.! I do have a microlite that needs a bail screw and was hoping someone had one I could buy. I've posted a pic of the screw that was in the rotor, but I don't think it's the right one. Noticed when I got the reel the bail would not trip right, was stiff and sluggish. The schematics show the same screw for both sides and this one also measured bigger than the other. Any help is much appreciated as the spring fishing season is coming up quick.

Thanks
JeffPXL_20220306_212957932.jpg

foakes

That bail screw you picture is not correct for a Microlite, Jeff —-

Yours shows a double shoulder setup — a DQ Microlite 265 or a Microlite 110 have this bail screw.

Pull off the other side — and see if it matches my photo.

If so, I will send you 1 or 2 (whatever you need) at no charge.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JeffG

Hi Fred! Yes the other looks like these. I will only need the one. Luckily I found a new old stock rotor on eBay a while back, fairly inexpensive too, and all is good on that front. Thanks again Fred, I really appreciate all you do keeping these old pieces of art running!

I noticed the double shoulder in the screw. Just curious is this screw even part of the D.A.M. line of reels?

Thanks
Jeff

foakes

Quote from: Cubby1973 on March 13, 2022, 10:57:36 PMHi Fred! Yes the other looks like these. I will only need the one. Luckily I found a new old stock rotor on eBay a while back, fairly inexpensive too, and all is good on that front. Thanks again Fred, I really appreciate all you do keeping these old pieces of art running!

I noticed the double shoulder in the screw. Just curious is this screw even part of the D.A.M. line of reels?

Thanks
Jeff

Good, I will send it out tomorrow, Jeff —-

Likely someone just tried to replace a missing bail screw with whatever they had on hand that had the same thread size.

Hopefully it was the same thread size —- and they did not force in the wrong size —- in which case, you also need a new rotor head.  Fingers crossed...

No clue what reel that goes to.

Got your address — Thanks.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

JeffG

Unfortunately Fred the double shouldered screw was a M3.5 and I believe the correct one is M3, so it ruined the screw hole in the rotor. I was able to find one though, so I'm just the one screw away from a perfectly cleaned and lubed smooth running ultralight reel! Thanks again for all your help Fred! Have a blessed  day!

Jeff

foakes

Yeah, figured that might be the case, Jeff —

Envelope addressed and ready to go to the Post Office tomorrow.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.