Hot Rodding Tyrnos 2 Speed

Started by surfcasterTx, March 22, 2022, 02:21:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

surfcasterTx

I would like to hot rod my Tyrnos 12. I'm wondering what I can do to them to increase drag and free spool. Right now I am thinking about experimenting with the belleville orientation and adding shims to decrease play in freespool so the spool does not slow down when tilted to the side. Does anyone have suggestions as to how the bellevilles should be oriented and what shims should be used?

alantani

before making any big changes, go through and scrub everything with a greasy toothbrush first.  also clean out the bearings.  then run the reel through it's paces and see if there really are changes that need to be made.  it might be pretty good as is.  if you need any belleville or shim washers, ping me. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

surfcasterTx

Thanks for all the help. Do you recommend running dry or wet carbontex?

alantani

greased, but they should be greased already. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

surfcasterTx

The drag washer was coming off in chunks so I ordered a carbontex washer and installed it greased. I am trying to take off the click gear to clean and lube the left side bearing but the screws are too tight/loctited to budge. What should I do?

oldmanjoe

You can warn the screws with a flame or clean soldering gun to break the loctite bond .
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare