"Greenie" 716 Spinfisher

Started by jgp12000, March 25, 2022, 07:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I was 3 years old when this reel came out, I saw them over the years never paid much attention except thinking it was the color of my Grandaddy's 64' F100 that he so proudly brushed painted...fast forward 56 years. I recently asked Fred if he could part with this bad boy. My review is that I have kicked my Mitchell 308 and DQ 265 out of the golf cart, the sound of the positive bail snap and AR clicker is music to my ears and it matches the golf cart. I paired it with a 5' Ugly Stik Microlite balanced perfectly. The bream are stacked against the bank on this windy day and I have caught 5 bream already on this treasure, now I know what all the fuss is about the "Greenie".

jgp12000

I had just cleaned a bass,2 crappie, and 8 bream, electric fillet knife was tucked away already cleaned up. I went to feed the guts to the buzzards on the shallow end & cast out and was having a cold one. This little bass was playing with my worm like a little bream, he never pulled the cork under, but swallowed it to his gooch. I had to fillet him and add 2 fillets the freezer bag....great weather today! "living the dream"

foakes

Good job, Sir!

I really love the old greenie ultralight's (716, 714).

And just as good are the same models in black and gold. 

Plus, also the 420SS & 430SS.

Any of these reels will get the job done easily —- and last a couple of lifetimes.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.