Microlite fixed and ready to rip some lips!!

Started by JeffG, March 26, 2022, 08:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeffG

Hi all! Thanks to Fred's generosity I got my microlite up and running! Here are my two I currently have. The one on the ugly stick is the repaired one.

And on another note, could you guys stop outbidding me on other microlites?! Lol! You're probably keeping me married!

foakes

Solid setups!

The DQ 265 Microlites are actually a shrunken version of the giant and well proven DQ 270 Supers.

Same exact engineering and performance.

Bulletproof!

After 60 years —- a good cleaning, replacement of a few wear parts —- good for another 60.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

jgp12000

ClintB

Is that a right hand retrieve micro? Are the interchangeable or right hand specific?

foakes

The crank is interchangeable to either side with no extra parts needed.

And no tools required except an old pocket knife to pop off the offside cover cap.

2 minute job —- side-plate never even comes off.  DQ was was ahead of the crowd on these.

The crank axle is made of steel —- and has (2) sets of threads —- one for the left side and one for the right side.

The crank axle just screws into either side of the main drive gear.  These will not get confused —- they only work on either side that the angler chooses.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.