Shimano Ocea Jigger F custom

Started by steelfish, March 30, 2022, 05:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Have anyone open and service a Shimano Ocea jigger F-custom?

its the one with the additional lever to control the fall of the jig or at least its what I understood, I have never seen one before and now I have this one for a clean and lube Service, would like to know if there any special attention I need to have with this new Mechanism or if the reel is still pretty straight as the trinidad reels and the additional lever dont reprecent any additional challenge.

The Baja Guy

boon

The fall lever is basically just a glorified spool tension cap. You can even retro-fit a non-F-custom OJ with the lever, as far as I know.

Services just like a Trinidad A except for the "Exciting Drag" and probably has a spool lock instead of a click gear on the left side.

steelfish

The Baja Guy

Gfish

If possible Alex, like to see the "Exciting Drag" and the spool lock. No biggie though, I may be able to find it in a schematic.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

steelfish

Quote from: Gfish on March 31, 2022, 07:42:48 PMIf possible Alex, like to see the "Exciting Drag" and the spool lock. No biggie though, I may be able to find it in a schematic.

I normally take few pictures to "new" reels to me, I will try to remember to take pics of those parts
The Baja Guy