Beautiful Morning on the Rim of The World

Started by Bill B, April 02, 2022, 05:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Got up early this morning to do some grocery shopping at Lake Arrowhead.  These pictures are from the Red Rock Wall Lookout on Highway 18 at approximately 5,200 feet.  The cloud deck looks to be around 2,000 feet.  On a clear day you can see Catalina Island to the southwest.  Sadly today isn't one of them.  The first picture is looking east and the second is looking west.  Either way what a glorious morning to be alive.  Billy
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

RowdyW

Bill, are they really clouds or is it really fog? Or is fog really clouds. I should know because I was in Weather Service in the Navy, but that was 62 years ago. I'm just glad I can remember what day of the week it is. Today is Tues. isn't it?  :-\  :-\      Rudy

PacRat

I can report from sea-level that it's clouds. Very overcast down here. A good day to get some work done.
-Mike

Swami805

As they say on TV "late night and early morning low clouds and fog". Probably 200 days a year where I live
Do what you can with that you have where you are

RowdyW

Quote from: RowdyW on April 02, 2022, 10:33:51 PMI love Florida.  :ct  I moved here 30 years ago and haven't left the state since except offshore. I left my umbrella in NJ. I've been from Key West to the Georgia line. Great motorcycle trips. Still have to visit the Panhandle one of these days.

Maxed Out

Nice view from up there Bill. That fog looks pretty thick. A good day to have radar on the boat, or sunglasses for guys like you !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

milne

Beautiful photo's Bill, thanks for sharing...

Col

Donnyboat

Don, or donnyboat

Bill B

Thank you everyone.  We feel blessed to live here and enjoy nature.  Bill

Brewcrafter

Truly a beautiful sight and thank you Bill for sharing!  If you look down into those clouds...you see me!  ;D
Ted - No need for radar, it is a seasonal "marine layer" that we get that has to do with ocean air and moisture migrating inland at night.  When Bill took those photos I am guessing the ceiling down here was probably 2000', we could see just fine and that cloud layer meant - NO Wind!!!!!  Anyone flying would have to deal with it, but at ground/sea level not an issue. - john

PacRat

I love the marine inversion layer. Nice and cool until the afternoon when it burs off. I get a kick out of the way the weather announcers call it 'June-Gloom'...I call it good working weather. Anyone who works outdoors loves it.

-Mike

MarkT

Goodwin's wasn't good enough so you needed to head to Stater Bros at the Village or did you hit Jensen's in Blue Jay... always my favorite!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Bill B

Quote from: MarkT on April 04, 2022, 03:54:02 AMGoodwin's wasn't good enough so you needed to head to Stater Bros at the Village or did you hit Jensen's in Blue Jay... always my favorite!

Stater bros had spare ribs on sale 😉

Hardy Boy

You would never get my wife on that road !! We took the highway to the sun one time and she almost died from fright. There are still finger grip marks in the center counsel.

Cheers:

Todd
Todd