5500 CT cage part number and sideplate

Started by Breadfan, April 05, 2022, 01:41:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breadfan

I have a dome sided 5000 that I want to put a CT frame on. I'm pretty sure the part number for the 5500 ct frame is 811632. I would also like a part number for a left side domed plate for the same reel that is anodized red. I think part number 21815 may work, that's off a 6000 sideplate, but it does not matter, of course.

thorhammer

Hey Curt, did you ever resolve this? I have both and can do a swap to see it works..I think the hole patterns etc. will line up ok but you might have to jimmy around some clicker innards if you use the 6000 plate.

Breadfan

Quote from: thorhammer on August 03, 2022, 12:57:05 PMHey Curt, did you ever resolve this? I have both and can do a swap to see it works..I think the hole patterns etc. will line up ok but you might have to jimmy around some clicker innards if you use the 6000 plate.

I did not try it, I didn't want to waste the cash if it didn't work. Instead, I just converted my 5000 into a CT frame by cutting off the top bar and using the cut off pieces for studs. It turned out pretty good. But I would still like to know, I may spring for one of those frames if I can find one! Thanks!

thorhammer

I'll check  it next week when back there.

thorhammer

the 6000 plate will have clicker innards in it. I'll check today to see if it works. Are you able to get Omoto ported handles?

Breadfan

Do you mean power handles? Yes, I have some.

thorhammer

Yep, like on the Chief. I really like it.

Breadfan

They are good reels for sure. Let me know what you need, I have 2 or 3 extras.

thorhammer

I'd like a couple- send me a price. Is that an item you can obtain?

Breadfan

thorhammer

Curt, similar vintage dome plate swapped right in, and the clicker plate even worked on the 5000 chassis- same nylon drive gear as the 6000.

Breadfan

That is very good to know and I will file this info away. Thanks for doing that Thorhammer!

thorhammer

Curt, need your email for PP for the handles.

John