A true crackpot repair job

Started by JasonGotaProblem, April 07, 2022, 01:24:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabaman1, jtwill98 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonGotaProblem

My wife loves this free pot she found, but it had been broken and repaired previously, poorly. There was a piece missing. Probably why it was free. She asked what I could do, so i did what I could. I used that drywall tape, with some drywall mud, followed by some epoxy with some mica powder and acrylic paint mixed in, with some additional tinted mica powder sprinkled on. I did not match the color perfectly, but that's ok. Close enough? I failed to take a true before picture.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

steelfish

with some plants on it you will hardly see the repaired zone.

nice save
The Baja Guy

JasonGotaProblem

Plants are already lined up.

Wompus Cat

Pablo Picasso would not do Better.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Breadfan

philaroman

who cares how the repair looks -- any droopy plant will cover it right up & planter is now fully functional
BEAUTIFUL WORK convincing wife that extraneous rod-building crap is good for the house!!!  ;) ;) ;)

thorhammer

Quote from: philaroman on April 07, 2022, 02:29:05 PMwho cares how the repair looks -- any droopy plant will cover it right up & planter is now fully functional
BEAUTIFUL WORK convincing wife that extraneous rod-building crap is good for the house!!!  ;) ;) ;)

X10. Inspirational.

Gfish

Nice! Like Sal once said: We don't throw things away here, we fix "em.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

Your wife went fishing and caught a whopper , your honey dew list just grew 10 fold ..   :cf 
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

pjstevko

Nice save on a very expensive strawberry pot! we love the one we have and my wife would be mad as heck if it broke...Pretty work

sabaman1

JIM

JasonGotaProblem

Finished product came out pretty well. The one that went in that opening went in kinda rough so if it doesn't immediately thrive you know whose fault it is. 8)

JasonGotaProblem

2 years later. It's grown a bit. I decided to make a mini version for my office. I'm pretty happy with it.

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Donnyboat

Interesting Jason, thanks for posting this, now a rod for that Alvey reel, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat