Finished & Restored Reels

Started by foakes, April 11, 2022, 08:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Over the past few months, I have been working on this load of mostly eBay specials for a family up in Oregon —- in between other servicing and reel jobs —- so that the cost would be as low as possible.

They belonged to a brother/son/husband/father who passed on.

The family wanted these restored so that anyone in the family could have a remembrance of what he cherished as a hobby.

All ready to fish, some new parts, fully disassembled, all parts polished inside & out, serviced, adjusted, micro-tuned.

The black DAM Quicks received new oven-baked wrinkle paint.

Quality reels from the Golden Age of Spinning Reels.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Nice work as always.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

reelrepair123

utterly amazing as always  fred, great, fantastic work.  did you get my private message?  have a fantastic evening my friend.  harryk

foakes

Quote from: reelrepair123 on April 11, 2022, 09:34:20 PMDid you get my private message?   harryk

No, I did not receive any private messages from you, Harry —-

With the new change in the website, it may have gotten lost or not sent.

Please resend and I will look for it and respond.

Thanks!

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

PacRat

That's what I call a 'labor of love'. Great job Fred. His family will treasure those reels.

oldmanjoe

;)  Great line up of quality reels .....
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Midway Tommy

Looks like he had some pretty good taste in reels. Well done, Fred!  8)
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

milne

Wow,
Fred, they look absolutely superb, new just out of the box...

A true craftsmen at work right there, thanks for sharing...

Col

Breadfan

You are doing some amazing work Fred. Off the charts man.

BocaSnook1

Those are amazingly restored reels.

Great job Fred!

Tad

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~