Killer deal on a high quality spinning reel

Started by pjstevko, April 12, 2022, 03:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobi King

Snagged one, with my $25 creditos, it was $70,
Cow bluegills - watch out now that I have 45lbs of drag.
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

foakes

Good spotting, PJ —-

A spare spool alone for this Lethal 100 is close to $50.

Typically, to get a HD Salt Spinner in this class —- would generally not run less than $500.  And many would be pushing between $600 to $1000.

Hey, it's a tank of gas in a small car!

I believe Alan Hawk's exhaustive testing and reviews on HD Spinning Reels —- just as I never question Alan Tani's judgements and opinions.  Proven trust saves a lot of time...

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

I just ordered a couple, since I sold the ones I had to clients.

These are excellent for ladder fishing Pyramid Lake in Nevada for those giant Lahontan Cutthroat Trout.

They are also excellent for surf or boat fishing in the salt.

Lots of times when you see some surface action —- this will put your bait right where it should be —- quickly and effectively.

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rancanfish

The 100 size is large?  Why would you need that for trout?  Just curious.

Regular price is $149.00.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

foakes

Quote from: Rancanfish on April 12, 2022, 05:31:11 PMThe 100 size is large?  Why would you need that for trout?  Just curious.

Regular price is $149.00.

The world record  Cutthroat trout came out of Pyramid in 1925 @ 41 pounds.

Currently, Cutthroat's in the 12 to 22 pound range are routinely landed.

Best, Fred

--------

Fred O.

thorhammer

Thanks PJ. I need that like two holes in the head. But it's on the way. I never really felt quite right about having a Penn SS on a Shimano Trevala rod; this will make me feel better.

pjstevko

Glad you guys are snagging the deal!

If i didn't already have a Saragoosa 10,000 and Spheros 8000 i'd snag one too

JasonGotaProblem

Initially I was surprised to see Fred speaking praise of a Chinese made reel that's less than 40 years old. But then it's a great reel, and endorsements aside, it checks all the boxes for features he tends to favor. So it makes perfect sense.

Also it's a great reel in general, i already own one. I sent that link to 10 people.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

El Pescador

Today, Pyramid Lake is one of the last places to find Lahontan cutthroat trout, the largest-growing trout native to North America and once thought to be extinct.

Early Nevada settlers reported catching fish up to 60 pounds... 60 LBS!!!!!!

The current world record is a 41-pounder landed in 1925.

Wayne

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Gfish

I went there about 10 times in the 70's. I think my biggest was 7lbs. Some nice and unique Wintertime high-desert shore fishing. Very productive alkaline trout water. Last I heard about it, the level was going down because of too much irrigation out of the Truckee River. I saw my first wildcat there. A must see lake experience, not too far from Reno, NV.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!