Main Menu

Aloha

Started by Makule, February 03, 2012, 12:21:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

Just a short intro to say "Hello" since this is my first visit to the Forum after reading about it on the Hawaii Fishing Forum.

Not very active in fishing these days (for various reasons), but used to do quite a bit of repair work on Penn Senators and Pfleuger Templar reels that I used to use.  Also did some modifications on those reels to widen and reduce the spool widths before all of the modern kits came out.  Also tried reducing the weight of those reels as well.  Played around some with Diawa Beastmaster reels as those drag washers were notorious for melting and gumming up the works.

Didn't do much with spinning reels, although I could take them apart and put them back okay. 

Anyway, I'm old school and, like my handle, know some things about some old reels and very little about the new ones.  This seems like an excellent Forum and I hope to learn a few things here (this old dog can learn new tricks - sometimes).
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

redsetta

Welcome aboard Makule and cheers for the intro.
There's no substitute for wisdom, so your contributions will no doubt be valued.
All the best, Justin
PS That's a cracker ulua, nice work.
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

kamuwela

aloha makule and mahalo for joining us.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Aloha Makule.  E komo mai.

There is a lot to be learned as well as taught.  We all do a little of both.

Welcome to the reel ohana.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Nessie Hunter

Welcome aboard..........
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Norcal Pescador

Welcome from Northern Cali -
Visit often, stay long, contribute when you can. 8)

Aloha
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Dominick

Chee Hu! Aloha brah you da kine plenny akamai jump in dis site.  Dominick
Bryan:  How'd I do?
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

kamuwela

your the fastest learner ive seen yet dominick

Bryan Young

Dominick, you game me a ;D.  Mahalos bradah Dominick for a good ending to my day...or start of a new day.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

kamuwela

Quote from: broadway on February 05, 2012, 12:35:01 PM
Hey Dominick,
     The only thing that would make a man learn that fast is a woman... any Hawaiian woman in your life  ::)
Good Job,
My bilingual friend  ;)

id say yes to that if he is eating laulau and kalua pig.

tacoma09

Dominick

Makule:  As you can see not only is there a lot of knowledge on this site, there are also a lot of laughs.  I had to do something bilingual before Rob (Norcal Pescador) jumped in and said something like goodonya for joining.  He sometimes gets his linguals :D mixed up.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Makule

Thank you all for the warm and humorous welcome.  Good that it's not all serious.  I've already read some things that might help with one problem I've had and I look forward to many more.  Will contribute as I can.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

alantani

i'm staying out of this one......   ;)
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!