Grouper Special or 349h

Started by Surfrat, April 21, 2022, 05:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

I have never seen a side plate marked 349H.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Cuttyhunker

What about the dime a dozen 49's?  Faster at 3.5 to 1, strong enough for the Africans to pull in tuna off the cliffs with the wider "A" version.  Been very happy with them on New England stripers using carbontex, certainly the weak sister compared to the 349, but good enough for my needs.  Love the looks from the younger guys when they spy them in the rod holders, has led to some interesting conversations.
Doomed from childhood

ourford

We always used electric reels for tile in Jersey. If you catch more than one you'll know why.
Vic

Surfrat

Well,electrics tend to drop big fish. I seen it many times. I'd rather use a reel I've got, when possible. Me dragging a 12-volt battery with other equipment does not appeal on a reel that I'll use once or twice a year at most.
We went again on my friend's boat and caught 5 tilefish(I caught 2)and other fish. Yes. Cranking the fish up was turning my arm like Popeyes but I was more excited even with the pain.  :o I took breaks often and resumed cranking.  ;D