Avet Kodiak Cam

Started by Dazza-K, February 03, 2012, 10:53:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazza-K

Could someone suggest a tackle shop in the US that would sell Kodiak cams for a SX, I've tried emailing Avet but it seems they just don't reply to emails from Australia.

Hff

I bought my Avet from cabbagekeyrodandreel.com. I'm sure if you email them you could get a decent price for a cam.

Dazza-K

Quote from: Hff on February 03, 2012, 11:15:38 AM
I bought my Avet from cabbagekeyrodandreel.com. I'm sure if you email them you could get a decent price for a cam.

Yes I've brought from them before , I'll send off an email to them..thanks

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

forrest

The way I understand it, kodiak cams are a less agressive cam lever so you can set a real light drag range.

Dazza-K

Quote from: alantani on February 03, 2012, 09:19:30 PM
what's a kokiak cam?

yes as the other poster said Alan , Avet make some softer cams or a complete quick change lever for a less aggressive cam, I'm wanting for one my Avet SX  as they make a great light tackle reel, I'm going to be running 12lb but at the moment strike drag set to 4lb will be way to high if you go past strike for 12lb line, I think the cam they come with is more suited to 20lb....just my thoughts on the cam, I'm yet to try the it out.
And I have had a reply for Lusine at Avet and yes I can buy parts directly from them and that's Good news!

From the Avet site:

The South Florida and Kodiak cam is a replacement drag adjustment cam with a less aggressive ramp profile to allow a finer lever adjustment range for extremely light drag settings. Very popular for light line sailfish and tournament kingfish with LX and JX models, and salmon and other light line species for the SX - MX models. Choose the cam insert for a permanent retrofit to your reel, or choose the arm with the cam already installed for quick "no tools" changeability back to the original aggressive cam when needed. Specify color when ordering the arm. We suggest ordering a different color arm to easily distinguish from the original arm with the standard cam. These cams do not have the "Bait Setting" detent, for ultra fine lever adjustment immediately from the free-spool position forward.

Dazza-K

I got my Kodiak today and fitted it to my SX , I want to use this real for 6kg (12lb) so I was interested to try out this new cam and I must say its perfect ...set on strike at 2kg ( 4lb) a when you push it to full 3kg (6lb) fantastic. I got the sliver lever for gold SX and it look really cool  8)

wallacewt

Dazza-K

wallacewt

thanks dazza
now you need a platinium knob or t-bar to match the lever :D