Vxb bearings

Started by coastalobsession, February 03, 2012, 05:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastalobsession

I got my hands on some vxb ceramic bearing for my citica and I got a free spool of 1min 45seconds. I will be stocking these bearings for my customers. They are a lot quieter than the boca ceremics. They have my approval!
Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

flyforfish21

Just out of curiosity, which ones did you get? i only saw the abec 5's on there. There are very local to me (within 8 miles) and i was curious to check their stuff as well. Thanks

Geoff

inhotpursuit

Wow that is impressive,the hybrid  bearings i got from vxb were no where near that max,i got was 45 secs and rthat was after cleaning and running dry

coastalobsession

Coastal Obsession Deckhand and reel cleaning

DinoD

Any idea what sizes I need for an Avet MXJ ?

exp2000

I contacted VBX bearings asking them what the ABEC rating was for their bearings since most of the time it was not stated.

I received the following reply: All our bearings are ABEC1 unless otherwise stated.

OK ABEC1 would not be ideal for spool bearings.

But would they be OK for other locations?
~

Cape-Fisher

For other then spool - you don't have to go expensive like from those manufacturers above mentioned , you can find in China from USD  10 - 40 ( depend on size and ZRo2 or Si3n4) with free shipping
Si3n4 is more stress resistive then Zro2 . For low speed but more strength , you get ceramic Zr02 which are filled all the way with balls as they don't have retaining cage. It is a nice upgrade to the bearings that cant rust and don't need virtually any lubrication. Still costly but maybe worth it .

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Ceramic-Bearings/511615_212258671.html
or just search Alliexpress for ceramic bearings

jonathan.han

Tournament distance casters don't see freespool as an important aspect of reel setup. The distance is from loading a rod and controlling the spool's acceleration and deceleration. I am more than happy with just 10 seconds of clean, non-gritty freespool. The rest, I leave to the rod and my thumb. My 4 cents. But, I do setup customer's reels with TSI-ed bearings. I like TSI/C-X blend for my personal reels.
raw instinct