Tekota 800 drag washer size?

Started by tincanary, April 25, 2022, 04:48:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tincanary

I had a customer request washers for 22 Tekota 800s.  The reels are not in my possession so I can't get out the caliper, we will be punching them and sending them his way for self installation.  Does anybody know the sizes?  Thanks in advance!

JasonGotaProblem

Do you take custom orders for punching carbon washers by size? Obviously not for free...
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

akfish

Smooth Drag sells them. There are three sizes, counting the washer under the main gear. They are quite large so you'll end up wasting quite a bit or carbon fiber. It might be cheaper to get them from Smooth Drag...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

tincanary

Quote from: JasonGotaProblem on April 25, 2022, 06:13:02 PMDo you take custom orders for punching carbon washers by size? Obviously not for free...
Yes we do.  We typically replace any washers with carbon, especially vintage reels.  A lot of our customers are using the same stuff they were using 40+ years ago so we mic them, punch new ones, install them during the rebuild process, and off they go.

tincanary

Quote from: akfish on April 25, 2022, 07:55:57 PMSmooth Drag sells them. There are three sizes, counting the washer under the main gear. They are quite large so you'll end up wasting quite a bit or carbon fiber. It might be cheaper to get them from Smooth Drag...

Oh yeah I know they sell them.  We keep a healthy stock of carbon fiber so punching our own is still more cost effective.  Even with business pricing through Smooth Drag, we have our costs down to a good fraction of that.  Our hollow punches have already paid for themselves a few times over.  Carbon fiber sheeting isn't priced too terribly either.  There's a place a few miles from my home that makes and sells it in a wide variety of weaves and thicknesses. 

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL