carbontex drag washer size for fin nor offshore

Started by strike115, February 03, 2012, 05:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strike115

Hi,

After SMooth drag's e.mail I checjed the actual size of my fin nor ofs 9500 drag washers...unfortunately there is not one of the drag washer in your list which have the same size.

In fact the size of the fin nor's drag washer is ID 8.55mm  OD 23.15mm  Thick 1mm

I've found in the list one ID 8.3mm OD 22.98mm thick 1mm

This last one could fit in my reel?

Jimmer

Sounds like it would work. If you have a drill index find one that fits the id and go up in size till it fits. A sheet metal step drill might work better for an i.d. that size, or you could file or dremel it carefully. Be sure to check the washer under the spool as well if it uses one, and replace that with carbontex also.
What - me worry?   A.E.Neumann

strike115

Dawn answered me suggesting to use  bigger disks than the current size ones...because some guys tried succesfully...I don't know how replace the biggest one under the spool...I think i must buy the carbontex sheet and try to build by myself

Bryan Young

ID 8.3mm OD 22.98mm thick 1mm drag washer would be fine in your application.  The difference in diameter is 0.17 mm OD.  ID is also very small at 0.25 mm larger.  I've attached a picture showing a comparison with a " ruler.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

How big is the washer under the spool?  Would carbontex for TLD15 (ID 20 X OD 55 X Thick 1.08 mm) or Penn's HT-100 #6-25 (hex ID 22.9 X OD 54.3 X thick 1.3 mm) work?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

strike115

unfortunately the drag washer is wider in the fin nor than in the tld...becauseit is OD 57.5 mm and ID 8.55mm and thick 1.2mm...do you think it is possible to create one using only the carbontex sheet?

strike115

any other suggestion? has anybody already made carbontex dragwasher by his own

Bryan Young

You can make one of out the sheet.  But depending on the metal washer under the spool and drag washer, you may not need a full fit.  You will only be 1.25 mm OD off and if the metal washer under is fairly think, having a ID that is not 8.55 mm but 10 mm, would work just fine without the expense and time to customize a washer.

strike115

very good...at least the surface would be more or less the same...but if I would like to cut the carbon tex sheet...how can i do it?

misokat

i just cut 2 of them up , i used a pair of small surgical scissors and worked fine.
Capt M Nelsen, Blue Max Sportfishing.
http://bluemaxsportfishing.com/

strike115

So i will ask Dawn to send me the sheet and i will cut it by myself

redsetta

Yeah, it's easy - just remember the old saying 'Measure twice, cut once'.
You can also clean up the ID and OD with a file to get the perfect finish.
Good luck, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer