Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

happyhooker

Greetings, Hank, from Minnesota.

Frank

Hank the fisherman

No time to put it in the cleaner now, but here are some more pics. Thanks again to all.

Wompus Cat

The internals look like Early J.A.Coxe to me .
Will have to do some digging in my stuff to see  .
I KNOW I have a rig like this just not Where it is.
And EARLY Pflueger comes to mind too.
Anybody Else ???
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

thorhammer

I'dve said OC or Coxe, but that click spring is a new one on me!

Homeboy Hank, welcome! Where in NC are you from, and where did you go? Chances are you drove right by me on 40 or 64 (Raleigh).

John

Hank the fisherman

Quote from: thorhammer on May 02, 2022, 02:17:19 PMI'dve said OC or Coxe, but that click spring is a new one on me!

Homeboy Hank, welcome! Where in NC are you from, and where did you go? Chances are you drove right by me on 40 or 64 (Raleigh).

John

Farm in Madison County and house on the river in Pamlico County. Yes, We fight the traffic from Winston to Raleigh often!!!

thorhammer

Noted, that's gotta be at least 400 miles! It's the same 420 miles to PHILLY, lol! My buddy bought a house on Bath Creek near the mouth where it dumps into Pamlico River to retire to in June. Sweet place! Lemme know if you need jiggy parts; if I have them, I'll send them, N/C.

John

Wompus Cat

After tearing into some of older J.A.Coxe Reels and Bronson's I am going to say your Reel is a Trade Reel probably made by Bronson or their counter part after they Bought J.A.Coxein the 1930's as HE didn't make trade Reels to my knowledge BUT made all the tell tale signs of what your Reel has including but not limited to the way the Sliding frame to   engage the Spool  and it's male to Female in Spool,  the Spool,   Wire Clicker, Star Drag and a few other things .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Hank the fisherman

Quote from: Wompus Cat on May 03, 2022, 05:18:09 PMAfter tearing into some of older J.A.Coxe Reels and Bronson's I am going to say your Reel is a Trade Reel probably made by Bronson or their counter part after they Bought J.A.Coxein the 1930's as HE didn't make trade Reels to my knowledge BUT made all the tell tale signs of what your Reel has including but not limited to the way the Sliding frame to   engage the Spool  and it's male to Female in Spool,  the Spool,   Wire Clicker, Star Drag and a few other things .

Appreciate your efforts, maybe it will help someone else as well.

Hank the fisherman

Quote from: thorhammer on May 03, 2022, 01:26:28 PMNoted, that's gotta be at least 400 miles! It's the same 420 miles to PHILLY, lol! My buddy bought a house on Bath Creek near the mouth where it dumps into Pamlico River to retire to in June. Sweet place! Lemme know if you need jiggy parts; if I have them, I'll send them, N/C.

John

Nice area around Bath. We are about 20 miles south of your friend. We actually looked at property in the neighborhood when we found this place. It fit all of our needs.