Any Everol Pro's out there?

Started by swordfish980, May 28, 2022, 08:51:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swordfish980

So first off I would like to thank everyone here for all the help and info on fixing reels. I have been a lurker for years and I have gotten quite good at repairing reels from you guys. I usually buy reels on either eBay or OfferUp, fix them and usually resell them. It's a great hobby!

I bought an Everol a couple years ago off eBay and could never get it right. It's been torn down and reassembled many times. It sounds like the spool is touching somewhere but I cannot figure it out. So here is the offer. If anyone here is well versed in fixing Everol's I will send it to you. For free and i'll even pay for the shipping. You can keep the reel to! The only thing I ask is for you to make a detailed tutorial on how you fixed it.

I thought it might have been the thrust bearing on the left side plate so I bought a new sealed bearing. The new bearing is still inside the reel but i'll send the original.

Here are some pictures of the reel. If anyone is interested in it just let me know. Thanks again for all the help over the years!

Robert Janssen

Well, sure.. i would be delighted. PM sent

handi2

I have a few of the vintage ones. I have serviced a few too. Changing the drag washers to carbon fiber. The bearings too.

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

redsetta

Doc (Robert Janssen) is definitely the man for the job swordfish.
Will be an interesting rebuild!
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

UKChris1

I have a 4/0 that also sounds as though the spool is touching somewhere. It turned out that the brake disk and the linings were not perfectly true so that at one part of the rotation they touched one another. Don't know if that is your issue or not, but the spool itself on mine was fine.

I perhaps ought to replace the brake disk, but have not got round to it as I have never used the reel! Maybe I could true it up instead? One day...