Need a short section of a blank.

Started by Recoil Rob, May 28, 2022, 09:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recoil Rob

...to repair a cracked antenna tip. Anything from 8-10" long with an interior diameter of approximately 0.42-0.44" on the large end of the piece. I want to slip it down over the cracked tip. The diameter of the antenna at the break is 0.39, I'd like to get at least 4" on either side of the break.

If you have something lying around I could use I'd appreciate it, send a PM.
My problem lies in reconciling my gross habits with my net income.
   - Errol Flynn

gstours

I'm pretty sure I've got you covered.  With a piece of fishing rod tube.  I will reply asap.   Glad to help..... :fish

gstours

R, rob.  I have a short piece if grafite rod,, measures .048 in the larger end and can be cut to length.....  fairly thin wall as it's the upper part of a cast rod.   If you're interested I can send you a picture.   Free on me.    Just saying.

Cor

I have a box with old broken pieces of rods and am sure I could help.   I do many repairs of rods, lengthen or shorten them etc.   Bear in mind you would ideally like a well fitting piece and the rod profiles all differ quite a lot.  If using a thin walled piece to make a sleeve, do a binding over the outside to strengthen it.

The logistics of sending it to the USA is too costly, you could buy a new antennae for the price.

BTW those boat antennae's made from E Glass make excellent Yellowtail gaffs. :D
Cornelis

Recoil Rob

Thanks guys, gstours has me covered. If it doesn't work out, well then a gaff....    ;)
   - Errol Flynn

philaroman

telescopic poles w/ broken tip can be found cheap (both, glass & carbon)
gives you nice range of tapered/nestled "repair tubes"

Recoil Rob

Thanks to Gary, gstours, he sent a piece that will work out perfectly, thanks to all.
   - Errol Flynn