Started by Eddie Hernandez, June 03, 2022, 04:26:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

Hello Eddie,

Can I buy that broken gear and sleeve?

Thanks,
Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

alantani

Eddie, these are great 30 pound reels. 350 yards of straight 30 pound mono and you're good. Don't sell them short.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Gfish

Heck of Stripper! Before I read the post, I thought you were gonna show a broken frame where the reel seat is attached. That's happened to some TLD fishers...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

boon

At a guess, probably fishing the reel beyond its capabilities - especially with a large aftermarket handle. As Alan said they're a 20-30lb reel at best.

MarkT

Quote from: Gfish on June 04, 2022, 09:42:53 PMHeck of Stripper! Before I read the post, I thought you were gonna show a broken frame where the reel seat is attached. That's happened to some TLD fishers...
Mostly on the 50's
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Donnyboat

Thanks for posting this Eddie, & following up with the photos, all handy info, cheers don
Don, or donnyboat

Marlinmate

Quote from: day0ne on June 03, 2022, 07:57:18 PM
Quote from: Hardy Boy on June 03, 2022, 06:14:14 PMHandi is prob right. I have seen that also, loose where the post is attached to the gear, its just kind of peened where its pressed. I've seen them loose but never stripped free ................. impressive if thats what happened. Its not expensive to repair. New gear and pinion. You will see right away.

Cheers:

Todd

I've had several that the shaft stripped free from the gear.

THIS above....crap metal and a crap weld and fitment are the root cause
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Squidder Bidder

Quote from: Gfish on June 04, 2022, 09:42:53 PMHeck of Stripper! Before I read the post, I thought you were gonna show a broken frame where the reel seat is attached. That's happened to some TLD fishers...

If you were looking for a stripper you'd be disappointed, Eddie only posted pictures of a fish.  ;D

Eddie: where in the world did you catch your "fifty?"

Eddie Hernandez

Thank you all for all the feedback!!! Waiting on the new main gear to arrive.. The striper was caught 2 miles off the jones inlet in long island, we caught 5 cows that day what an amazing day!! I will keep all my 3 tld 15 outfits for now and give them another try just have to convince my buddy who has banned them from his boat. lol!!!!

alantani

i was able to fix the last one using a piece of stainless steel machine screw.  i screwed it in. cut it close using a dremel cut off wheel, hammered it flat and filed it flat.  worked great!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!