Landing parking...?

Started by Aiala, June 05, 2022, 09:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

Say, does anyone have experience yet with the new parking setup at the landings? As of June 1st it's gone all digital/app/crap or what have you, which I, in my Luddite fashion, absolutely loathe/detest/revile/abhor/despise and abominate to the nth degree.  :P 

<BLEEP>, I hate change!  >:(

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

PacRat

I'm a big luddite too but I've been using the parking apps (they're at most the beaches now). I sort of like them because if the bight is good I don't need to walk back to put more money in the meter, I just do it from my phone. I can also set alarms or texts to remind me when my time is almost expired.
-Mike

Gfish

😁 funny stuff. You might haveta find a youngster that can do it or show you how. I hate it though, that look on their young faces(impatience and-"is he senile"?) as I try and slow 'em down so I can learn. Taking the mental beat down of trial and error learning is an option too.
Just got a "stupid"phone myself and didn't even know how to answer a call at first. It's coming slowly...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

pjstevko

oc1

I'm flabbergasted and didn't know anyone had to pay for parking at a boat ramp.

Porthos

Quote from: oc1 on June 06, 2022, 05:49:19 AMI'm flabbergasted and didn't know anyone had to pay for parking at a boat ramp.

Not a boat ramp, it's the landing where majority of the SD sportboat fleet docks. Private boat trailers do not access the water there; the lot has no tow vehicle + trailer parking.

JasonGotaProblem

I've only ever seen one that didn't charge for parking. These times, they're a changing.
Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough.

Aiala

Quote from: pjstevko on June 06, 2022, 02:48:01 AMDetails here https://www.fishermanslanding.com/

Worthless. Plus, every review I can find of the Ace Parking app says it's a lousy, quirky, confusing nightmare. Wonderful.  :-\

~A~

Porthos

Quote from: Aiala on June 06, 2022, 01:47:31 PM
Quote from: pjstevko on June 06, 2022, 02:48:01 AMDetails here https://www.fishermanslanding.com/

Worthless. Plus, every review I can find of the Ace Parking app says it's a lousy, quirky, confusing nightmare. Wonderful.  :-\

~A~

Aiala,

Is July 2 your next trip out? If you don't get the lowdown before June 18, I will be down in that neck of the woods for the Squidco Pre-Father's Day Sale, and can definitely go check out the new payment system.

Swami805

If it's like the other lots you can pay at a kiosk or with an app. I'm a Luddite too so I use the kiosk.  The parking lot at the big 3 has always been a nightmare anyway especially when the season is rolling.  I was always happy just to see that my truck hadn't been stolen.  At least they're won't be a line to get out
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bill B

Does anyone know what the daily rate is?
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Aiala

Quote from: Porthos on June 06, 2022, 01:51:29 PMAiala,
Is July 2 your next trip out? If you don't get the lowdown before June 18, I will be down in that neck of the woods for the Squidco Pre-Father's Day Sale, and can definitely go check out the new payment system.

Wai, that would be very helpful, thank you so much!  :D  At least in theory, working the kiosk shouldn't be beyond me; (if it is, I can always ask some kind soul for help.) My biggest question is if, as was formerly the case, a car displaying the blue Disabled placard can park in the 30-Minute-Only spots for as long as needed... (eight days, for me.) It's been working for me for years, but I always checked with the gate guy to be sure. Now, there is no more gate guy to ask, just a bunch of corporate electrons... sic transit gloria mundi.  >:(

Meantime, any info you can pass along would be immensely appreciated! And I hope you score a bunch of bargains at the Squidco thing.  ;)

~A~

Bill B

Found out parking is $12 a day. 
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

jzman

Going to have my first San Diego trip on the Oceanside 95 (Point Loma Sport fishing) 2 day that leaves on Sunday August 7th at 9 pm.

I was wondering how early to arrive to find parking and if I will have any problems.  I'm thinking I should get there around 6-7 pm?  I heard the Ramada Hotel across the street has parking for $15 a day.

Aiala

Sunday evening shouldn't be too horrendous (although with the excellent fishing right now y'never know.) Still, in order to not be rushed, it's prudent to give yourself as much extra time as you can stand. Oh, and just FYI, there's a parking pay machine located directly in front of the Point Loma tackle shop.

Go get 'em!  8)

~A~