Ambassadeur Model # Identification.

Started by rakulack, June 10, 2022, 05:36:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakulack

I just found a mistreated Rocket Reel that needs a lot of attention.  Somebody really abused this poor thing and I would like to give it a second life but I need your help.  Can you tell me what the model number is from the foot numbers?   The Foot number is 990503 and here are a few pictures. The numbers are all worn off the stickers. All I can make out is CI OR CL ROCKET. If it is a 5500 or 5600 what is the difference.   If I can get the schematic I can start searching for some parts and someone to rip it apart and clean and repair it.
  Thank you for your time and trouble.      Roger Kulack,   Lewiston, MN

Robert Janssen

"Can you tell me what the model number is from the foot numbers?"

No. Foot stamp numbers denote year of introduction, number of revisions, week of production, things like that. It is a rather cumbersome system, but there are a number of deciphering keys online.
I seldom bother myself.

In your case, a mid-to-late '90s 5600.
(x6xx denotes thumb bar. x5xx no thumb bar)

Wompus Cat

Quote"Can you tell me what the model number is from the foot numbers?"

No. Foot stamp numbers denote year of introduction, number of revisions, week of production, things like that. It is a rather cumbersome system, but there are a number of deciphering keys online.
I seldom bother myself.

In your case, a mid-to-late '90s 5600.
(x6xx denotes thumb bar. x5xx no thumb bar)

Now THAT is the BEST EXPLANATION I have Heard from all  the so called 
ex spurts out there .

Now on to MITCHELL .....lol Thanks Dr. Rob
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

tholmes

It's a 5600 CL Rocket. The reels were sold (exclusively?) by Wal-Mart. Retail was about 90 bucks. The innards are pretty much the same as a C3 reel. The "Rocket" name is pretty much a marketing ploy.
I have one of these reels that I've hot-rodded a bit and it's a sweet caster.

Tom

tincanary

Quote from: tholmes on July 05, 2022, 10:36:49 PMIt's a 5600 CL Rocket. The reels were sold (exclusively?) by Wal-Mart. Retail was about 90 bucks. The innards are pretty much the same as a C3 reel. The "Rocket" name is pretty much a marketing ploy.
I have one of these reels that I've hot-rodded a bit and it's a sweet caster.

Tom

This right here.  Those reels fetch good money in mint condition too because that orange is a very lovely color.  I bought one new in box on eBay a few years back for $75, but made a frankenreel from it.  I've seen the side plates themselves sell for over $100 per pair unblemished.