Canyon reel DJR 6500 and Trabucco Exceed 7000

Started by GT, February 08, 2012, 06:06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GT

Dear Guys,

I'm trying to figure out this issue.

http://shop.canyonreels.com/NEW-Canyon-Reels-DJR6500-Spinning-Reel-DJR6500.htm

http://www.loritto.it/Mulinelli-da-Pesca/Mulinelli-frizione-anteriore/Trabucco-Exceed.html?keyword=interamente

It seems that Canyon reel DJR 6500 and Trabucco Exceed 7000 are the same reel proposed by two different reels dealers. As far I know there is no problem with this. But Canyon Reels say that their reels are built and assembled in new jersey. To me, it is unlikely that the Italian dealer Trabucco sells a reel which is built in the United States at a lower price than Canyon does.

Does anyone have an idea of what's going on in here?

L.

Bryan Young

NEW! - Canyon Reels DJR6500 Spinning Reel

Item #: DJR6500
NEW for 2012! - Stainless steel drive gears, pinion gear, oscillation-pinion gear - Rated with 66lb of drag - Gear box lubrication port - Aluminum body and rotor, ball arm assembly - Manganese bronze oscillation gear - Non-reversible, large one-way bearing - Stainless steel backup, anti-reverse pawl - Positive lock screw on crank handle - Twin ball bearing spool - Stainless steel and carbontex drag washers, fine adjustment super smooth all the way to full lock - Fully sealed body and drag, 100% waterproof - Removable water proof CNC aluminum handle and knob - Ertalyte bearing line level pulley, no servicing required - Titanium line roller - Solid 4mm bail wire - All stainless steel alloy for all metal components - 10+1 stainless steel shielded bearings - Gear ratio: 4.1:1 - Weight: 27.5oz

Versus

New mulinelloTrabucco Exceed completely made of metal with a weight of about 760 grams for both models. Body and left cheek are alloy, obtained by die-casting, while the coil and crank are turned aluminum, aluminum is also the cover plate to the engagement of the crank on the right. The exterior finish is made to isolate the thickness of the alloy reel body from external agents and all aluminum parts are anodized.

• Mechanical and pinion Stainless Steel
• Max drag 30 kg (66lb)
• Access door for lubrication
• Body, rotor, side pieces and headband alloy Al-Si-Cu-Mg
• Mechanical control dell'oscilazione alloy of manganese and bronze
• No anti-reverse lever (permanent one-way) plus one-way bearing
• Mechanical dell'antireverse Stainless Steel
• System lock screw and crank handle trornite bleed CNC
• On the coil, oversized double bearing
• Clutch discs with Steel and Carbon Regulation sweet, micrometer and progressive up to the max drag 30kg
• Body and clutch fully sigillatie (reel 100% tin)
• Roller Bearing Line in Metaformaldehyde (Part nr.46)
• Line Roller Titanium
• Binaural full 4mm
• All metal parts are stainless Accaiaio
• 10 +1 Shielded Stainless Steel bearings
• Recovery speed 4.1:1
• Weight 763gr 759gr 7000 and the 6000
Specifications
Mod 6000 - Weight 759gr - 4.1:1 Recovery - Capacity EP 4 (0.331mm) 250m - Cusc 10 +1 SS
Mod 7000 - Weight 763gr - 4.1:1 Recovery - Capacity EP 5 (0.370mm) 250m - Cusc 10 +1 SS

OK, so far, looks the same.  Canyon says that ever reel is inspected before putting it in to the box.  Where do you see that this reel was built and assembled in new jersey?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

GT

http://www.canyonreels.com.au/cart/products-details.php?ProductID=125

look at the specifications part just at the bottom of the page:

SPECIFICATIONS
Braid capacity is as follows: 30lb.- 600 Yards 40lb.- 500 Yards 65lb.- 375 Yards 80lb hollow- 250 Yards All aluminium frame, Titanium roller 11 stainless steel bearings 30kg Carbon fibre wet drag Stainless steel Gears 4.1:1 Gear Ratio. Assembled in New Jersey USA from american and Japanese components, why settle for a chinese copy More info to come along with photos and handles.

Black Pearl

Here is my posted in other sites.

Recently, some people were talking about the Canyon reel in 360tuna. I even fingered pointing (by the Canyon reel clan) to be a bad guy trying to bring down Canyon reel.
The following is the thread from 360 tuna about the Canyon spinning reel.
http://www.360tuna.com/forum/f3/cany...ing-out-24057/ (beware that it is a long thread.

The following is from Alan Hawk's comment about the Canyon reel.
http://jignpopforum.com/topic/408-wa...2434#entry2434

I would not be so mad if this company did not mislead the customers about "Assembled in the USA". No doubt that Canyon gives good service, but it is just bad when the genie comes out the bottle, and she did....

GT

Good,

so we will see soon if it is good or not on directly on the water.

Thanks guys!

strike115

before choosing my fin nor ofs 9500 I evaluated to buy a trabucco exceed 7000 (I'm italian so i can buy it very cheap) but the capacity of the trabucco rel doesn't match with the canyon reel and, after calling the dealer, they told me that the exceed was a copy of the saltiga but china made

GT

Tile

The Fin-Nor OFS 9500 is a smart choice. The geartrain is much better than the Trabucco Exceed 7000/Canyon Reels DJR6500 (stainless steel which is way better than aluminium alloys)
In solid fiberglass we trust

Black Pearl

Irish Jigger

Here we go again,Black Pearl slagging off Canyon Reels,get a life. >:(
Please show some respect for AT who set up this great Forum where people with a shared interest in reels can help others
with help and good advice without people like you slagging off a fellow American just because he imports parts from China.
Omoto like Brawn have issues too but please do not bad mouth them on here. Go to 360 or BD where you will find  a captive audience.  ;D ;D

alantani

you know, i'm not sure what the deal is with don and canyon reels.  i have to admit, his reel definitely has an asian look and feel.  as for the location of it's assembly, perhaps it is shipped in pieces and assembled here in the US.  or perhaps it is assembled overseas, shipped in one piece, then disassembled and then reassembled here.  if i were selling ANY fishing reel, that is what i would do.  either way, it makes no difference to me personally.  as far as an outright lie?  i dunno, i don't really think so.  it really would seem pointless.  but if it is important enough to anyone, i will be happy to call him and ask. 

regarding alan hawks comments, i don't really have much to say.  remember, i'm not a spinner guy.  he has opened up quite a few reels and has published his evaluations.  they stand on their own merit.  the work is there for anyone to see.  anyone can repeat his work and come to their own conclusion.  that is why it is published - so that others can review it.  just a hint here.  photos are helpful. 

through all of this, there is something that i would like all of you to keep in mind regarding our purpose here.  we hang out here because we share a common interest.  we like to work on fishing reels.  and we're all former boy scouts, which means we like helping people.  a guy can come here with a problem reel and we try to help.  it's really that simple. think of how many guys have wandered in because they could find help no place else!  let's not lose sight of that. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Reinaard van der Vossen

I was looking at this reel with one eye for future purchase versus the new Penn SS Generation V because of the advertised Stainless steel gears/internals in the Canyon. I will wait untill all settles down and see whether the internals are Stainless steel as advertised or a aluminium alloy casting like in the Alaln Hawk reviews. I must say that it would matter to me. I know the Penn does not have Stainless steel gears unfortunately but has a different price point also.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

Quote from: alantani on July 02, 2012, 06:06:21 AM
through all of this, there is something that i would like all of you to keep in mind regarding our purpose here.  we hang out here because we share a common interest.  we like to work on fishing reels.  and we're all former boy scouts, which means we like helping people.  a guy can come here with a problem reel and we try to help.  it's really that simple. think of how many guys have wandered in because they could find help no place else!  let's not lose sight of that. 

AMEN! well put Mr. Tani. i couldn't have said or written it any better...