Trout Decal Missing! What to do? I know!! ...

Started by Paul Roberts, July 01, 2022, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Roberts

Picked up a DQ 440N in fine shape but missing the jumping trout decal. It's not going to be used as a trout reel and seeing that I live an easy mile from a musky and pike river, I came up with an appropriate fix.  8)

Gfish

Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

Brewcrafter

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Crow

There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Paul Roberts

Thanks! To be more Esocid-like, the fish should have been more horizontal But I wanted it to be reminiscent of the jumping trout. So I angled it a bit.

happyhooker

sandbar

Paul Roberts

Quote from: sandbar on July 02, 2022, 09:10:38 PMTrend setter?
I've actually been considering peeling the trout off of some of the others. >:D

Gfish

What the heck. They supposedly have good populations of N. Pike in Germany where those reels came from. Don't know about the Muskie's there though.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Paul Roberts

Quote from: Gfish on July 02, 2022, 11:49:39 PMWhat the heck. They supposedly have good populations of N. Pike in Germany where those reels came from. Don't know about the Muskie's there though.
This piece came from the UK, and its actually a pike. I did find a muskie but it was a bit too large for the reel. Muskie's are a NA species. European pike can get larger than NA pike, so possibly they can occupy both roles there.

Milan S

Gfish

My Minnesota relatives don't like "Pike". "Gregg, it's "Northern". Yeah, and a creek to them is a "crick". My favorite is the Rapala swim bait: they say it fast with all "short A's".

Paul Roberts

In Canada they call Minnesota pike, "Southerns". :)