Weird Pawl on Ambassadeur 6500S Reel

Started by rakulack, July 02, 2022, 01:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rakulack

Just picked up an 6500S and the worm gear won't turn and the pawl assembly seems locked on the gear. Attached are a couple of pictures. If you look close you can see it is square rather than round like the normal pawl assembly. There is a short slot but that doesn't seem to want to turn and I don't want to put too much force on it.  Anyone have any ideas?    Can't find a schematic on this one.  Help would be appreciated.  Roger.   

Gfish

No ideas, but interesting. Looks like it could be missing the bottom section of the pawl housing. Can you squirt some solvent in there?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

rakulack

Gfish,
   Thanks for the reply. Ya, I been soaking it in WD-40 but still not sure how it comes apart. Sent a message to abu but no response.   Asked them for a schematic but no luck.    It is a mystery to me.     Roger

Wompus Cat

Sorry to tell ya but
That is one of the most EXPENSIVE Pieces of Crap Abu ever Made
Around 100 bux for it .
The pawl is pressed and pegged in there .You will not get it out ..
I would open the side and look see if the plastic drive gear is frozen or broken . Doubt you will get any parts from China where it is made .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

tholmes

Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 03, 2022, 12:33:29 PMThe pawl is pressed and pegged in there .You will not get it out ..

:o
What were they thinking?

Tom

Wompus Cat

Quote from: tholmes on July 05, 2022, 10:44:24 PM
Quote from: Wompus Cat on July 03, 2022, 12:33:29 PMThe pawl is pressed and pegged in there .You will not get it out ..

:o
What were they thinking?

Tom

The Rest of the Reel is not much Better .
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him