A few double dogs reels

Started by Alto Mare, February 08, 2012, 08:53:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

Here are a few shots of some reels that I customized with double dogs, enjoy!

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Wow - that's an awesome selection Sal.
Is that a 112H on the right?
But what's the one above (ie next to what I assume is a 113HL)?
Cheers for the pics mate, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Alto Mare

Justin, the Senators are : 113HN, 113HLW red spool, 114HN, 114H red spool, 114WEX.  all with SS gears and sleeve. I do have a 112H and a standard 113h with a red spool  coming, all I need is a 114HLW and the set will be complete. I'm going to try the three 9500ss  on tuna when I get a chance. I really like those chomed handles, they're beefier than the black ones. I have to prove that a spinner can stop a tuna on its track ;).
By the way, I contacted Mr Alan Hawk and asked him why he didn't have any Penn SS on his list, He answered that even though it didn't make the top five, it is a good reel. I respect his opinion and enjoy everyone of his tutorials. Later, Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redsetta

Nice...
Feeling inspired to start on my 114H now!
Cheers mate, Justin

Bryan Young

Wow, you need to get those SSs annozied red.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

You're right Bryan, that would make it. I'm trying to find someone that would be willing to do it. By the way, no luck with that Japanese  website about the SS custom parts. I do appreciate you trying for me though.

wallacewt

hi alto mare
they,re the goodest
just isnt any words to do these reels justice
sal, you have raised the bar

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: wallacewt on February 08, 2012, 11:52:33 PM
hi alto mare
they,re the goodest
just isnt any words to do these reels justice
sal, you have raised the bar

Thanks Wallace. If I ever get drunk enough ( not a word Dominick ;D) to get on a plane for such a long trip, I'll make sure to pack a couple, so we can hit the Mariana Trench ;)

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 09, 2012, 12:15:03 AM
I'm sure these guys could do it for you.
http://www.reelcolors.com/

I've seen the site before but never contacted them. I will give it a shot. Thanks Bryan!

George4741

Sal, you are the envy of the Penn lovers.  Look at the eye candy you've got. 
viurem lliures o morirem

redsetta

QuoteSal, you are the envy of the Penn lovers.  Look at the eye candy you've got.
Not to mention that epic cabinet in the background...  ;)