It's been way too quiet around here.......

Started by Cortez_Conversions, July 11, 2022, 10:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cortez_Conversions

I had some free time in the shop so I thought I'd knock out a project that has been on the list for years! Those of you that were on the Cedros trip last year know I fished a 99 width JigMaster Magnum as my 50# reel. It worked out well, but those old Accurate side plates are heavy. Here's the prototype of my new Cedros 2022 reel!
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

CooldadE

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6...

Wompus Cat

Major PROBLEM with that Tom .
I ain't GOT ONE.......... :d  :d
Good Looking Design as always.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

steelfish

The Baja Guy

RowdyW

PacRat

vilters

rogan

David Hall

steelfish

Tom, in order to complete this jigmaster magnum frame and sideplates, which reel have to be the donor reel?

I understand it NEED a special spool but I dont know what other internals can be found from other reels and which ones are made specifically for the jigmaster Magnum
The Baja Guy

Swami805

Pretty sure they would have to come with a spool    Finding an accurate magnum spool is next to impossible
Do what you can with that you have where you are

fishhead69

Another masterpiece Tom. When are you taking orders for this baby?

thorhammer

I'm in. Perhaps Randy could persuade Tiburon to manufacture Magnum spools; if I recall correctly they will not manufacture anything that is a Penn stock spool dimensionally, but magnums are not.

John

Cortez_Conversions

Spools will be included in this kit. This first run will be the traditional side plate kit with the addition of a spool.

I'm not taking orders yet even though the parts are all complete. I still need to assemble the spools and build the kits.
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal