Daiwa 175H gear and pinion

Started by WVHillbilly, July 22, 2022, 10:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVHillbilly

Still a hackin away on that Dolphin 614 .....
Thankfully Wompus Cat talked some sense into me regarding one experiment I was considering. Anywho ...... the 614 has a main gear diameter (gently rotated in calipers) of 1.088" or 27.64mm. The pinion gear measured .467" or 11.86mm the hole in the pinion is .195" or 4.95mm.
Does any soul out there with nothing better to do on a Friday evening possess a main gear and pinion from a Daiwa 175H that could provide me with the similar dimensions listed above? You can guess where I may be going with this.
The 614 main gear has 42 teeth and the pinion has 16. Much to my surprise actually.
Also hunting for materials to make a half cage and such ..........
Feeshin is Feeshin

Wompus Cat

I think I see where you is a goin BUT the Daiwa is a Bigger dia in the pinion (Petty Sure ) so you would have to swap out the Bridge and sleeve also and the A/R positions are diff as well .
Will dig through my stuff maybe MaƱana and type more smart on this ...lol
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

WVHillbilly

Thank you kindly. My "plan" was just to use the gear and pinion. If something needs opened up I can do that. If its too large .... Maybe a sleeve. Might be that 300H or 30H may be better fit. I can also open up the gear to take large drags if it happens that way. From pics it looks like the 175H gear got a lot of meat on it. Comparing pics of various gear/pinion setups from ebay pics is just the berries ........... Don't live in an area where reels like this are easily found at flea markets. Mostly spinners, abus and bass stuff. Not so much saltwater reels unless an old timer if selling off his years of stash because the youngins would rather play video games and auch.
Feeshin is Feeshin