Does Marine grease have a harch smell?

Started by chockpish, April 10, 2017, 11:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chockpish

Hey! Guy's! Had a question about Yamalude or other marine grease that is used in saltwater reels! Do these products smell a lot more than the "Made for reels grease and oil", and would the smell be noticeable to fish, the reason is, it being so close to the spool! I fish mostly striped bass, I like using low profile casting reels! I have seen the tutorial that Mr.Tuddle did on the Komodo reel! In the tutorial he filed the inside of the reel with a good coating of grease to protect the reel from saltwater damage! That's why I was wondering if the smell would be to noticeable! :D

Thanks in advance!
Mike!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

handi2

The marine greases are no more odiferous than the dedicated reel lubes.

If anything the grease or oil smell will attract the fish..!!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

chockpish

Cool! Thanks for the info! I wasn't sure about the smell! Now I feel better! Not so apprehensive about using the grease!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

Alto Mare

Some use Pam on their lure and swear by it, they claim it attracts  fish...I'm not so sure, never tryed it :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

handi2

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 12, 2017, 11:57:10 PM
Some use Pam on their lure and swear by it, they claim it attracts  fish...I'm not so sure, never tryed it :-\

And WD-40...

Used by some of the charter boat guys on dead bait.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL