DAM Quick on the St. Lawrence again

Started by TJAndrews, July 25, 2022, 06:57:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJAndrews

Caught these two smallies with my 331 reels on the St. Lawrence over the weekend. The bigger is 16" and the other one is 15"

foakes

Nice pair of Red-Eyes, TJ —-

What kind of bait or lure?

Best, Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

El Pescador

TJ!

Nice catch for the day, hopefully, your next photo will be a SHORE LUNCH!!

With Smallmouth filets cooking in lard with canned white potatoes and sliced onions.  Noth'n Better!!!

Keep fish'n, I like what I'm seeing!!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

oldmanjoe

Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

BocaSnook1

Nice catch!  Love those 331's - rebuilding one this week.

Tad

TJAndrews

Quote from: foakes on July 25, 2022, 07:29:33 PMNice pair of Red-Eyes, TJ —-

What kind of bait or lure?

Best, Fred

Drift-fishing with a willow leaf spinner, white with some blue reflective tape, followed by a nightcrawler. I make my own spinners, been doing it for nearly 50 years.

TJAndrews

Windy most of the day today, too rough to be out in small boats. But along about 6pm it started to calm down, and my brother and I went on out.

I did OK, catching my limit in just under two hours. There's a 17-incher, another 16, another 15, and two that were 13. All were caught on the same white spinner, using a Quick 330 on a fiberglass rod I built myself a few years back.

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

sandbar

Beautiful stringer.
👍

happyhooker

Figured you might be out for SMB this summer; now the word is out and all the fish are in fear, hiding (?)

Frank

TJAndrews

Yesterday's catch: the bass and walleye were caught in the morning, then the wind came p and it was too dangerous to be out in our small boats. But it calmed down again around 6:30, and we went out for the rest. Three walleyes for the day, the legal limit, and four bass, one short of the limit. The biggest bass was 17.5 inches. All of mine were caught with a 331.
Oh, and my brother caught 3 walleyes, too. His first limit on walleyes ever. Not being enlightened, he uses a Zebco 888.

Shellbelly

Really nice!  Wish I was having that much fun right now!  We gotta see what you're using.
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

TJAndrews

Today's catch, five more walleyes between us. All of mine were brought in with a 331 again. Also, the spinner I used to catch mine.

TJAndrews

When you start to see giant pink flamingos swimming around, you begin to wonder just what they're putting in the water up here...